Not necessarily DOOH related but the ‘Driving Digital Content‘ event which returns to London 4th – 5th June 2009 at the Cumberland Hotel, London will, we are sure, be of interest to many of our readers.
The two-day event focusing on the business opportunities presented by digital content delivery is, as usual, put together by Futuresource Consulting.
Digital delivery of entertainment content is gaining traction as a lucrative and sustainable revenue stream with online, mobile content and the rise of the connected home all playing their part.
According to recent Futuresource analysis, revenues from paid-for online video in Western Europe will increase by close to a staggering 3000% between 2008 and 2012, delivering revenues in excess of 1bn Euros in 2012.
Movie rental downloads of course are leading the charge, closely followed by ‘download to own’ movie content, with ‘download to own’ TV content and subscription-based business models making a lesser impact.
Now in its third year, Driving Digital Content will deliver industry insights and bring together prominent figures from leading studios, other content owners and producers, broadcasters, online service providers, mobile operators and consumer electronics companies, ensuring conference delegates get the full picture.
This year’s topics include:
- Examining the Digital Video Landscape
- The Role of Broadcasters in the Digital World
- Building Online Community Driven Entertainment
- Online Delivery to the TV: Breaking New Ground
- Reigniting the growth in digital music revenues – the mobile phone story
- Mobile Phone Gaming – Exploring the Phenomenon
- Mass Appeal TV and Video Content to the Mobile Phone
- From Disc to Digital: Transitioning the Consumer
- 3D In the Home – How Soon the reality?
- Electronic Books – A New Digital Content Delivery Opportunity
- The Connected Home
- The Changing Role of the Retailer
- Ad Funded Content for Online and Mobile
Speakers already confirmed include Neville Wheeler, Director of Media Solutions at Cisco Systems, Julian Stocker, MD at Gameloft UK, Simon Morris Marketing Director at Lovefilm, Richard Bullwinkle, Chief Evangelist at Macrovision, Dirk Hofmann, Director of Consumer Interaction at Nokia, Jake Redford, Head of Mobile TV and Video at Orange, Adrian Northover-Smith, Digital Development Manager at Sony, Richard Smith, Head of Digital at Tesco and Kevin Baughan, Director of Technical Strategy at Virgin Media.