The Digital Signage Federation, the independent not-for-profit trade organization serving the digital signage industry is inviting both DSF members and non-members to attend its Wednesday, September 9 ‘Hangout’ panel discussion at 2pm EDT, on the topic of ‘HTML5 Content Creation: Tips, Tricks & Tools’.
Hangouts are 45-minute panel discussions using Google’s Hangout platform with a moderator and a panel of three or four industry professionals. The Sept. 9 event will discuss various ways to streamline the content creation process using HTML5 for digital signage applications.
The panel, comprised of Digital Signage professionals who are all members of the DSF, includes: Ryan Cahoy, managing director, Rise Vision; Jeremy Gavin, head content chef, ScreenFeed; Emerson Loustau, CTO, TransitScreen; and Jim Nista, CEO and creative director, Insteo.
In addition to discussing implementation and technology strategies, the panel will look at:
- What makes HTML5 so popular?
- Before networks deploy this technology, what do they need to know about?
- What is ‘Responsive’ design?
- How does HTML5 bridge the gap between physical displays and handheld?
- For purposes of budgeting, how will HTML5 make a network more expensive to operate and maintain?
- How does HTML5 interface with Flash?
- How does HTML5 impact interactive design for touch screens?
(There is also still time to register to attend the Aug. 26 DSF Hangout on ‘The Impact of 4K Technology on Digital Signage’.)
More information on these and other DSF events can be found on the DSF website. DSF’s scheduled Hangout conversations are free, but registration is required and can be accessed on the ‘Knowledge Resource Page’ here.