It has been announced that #DSE2020 is scheduled for March 31-April 3rd, 2020 with access to the Exhibit Hall April 1-2 at the Las Vegas Convention Center in Las Vegas.
We understand that in 2020, the organisers are going to further improve the entranceway and the hall layout, which some people this year found a little confusing.
Sixteen:Nine’s  Dave Haynes wrote “Some people whined about the orientation of the hall, which has the entry and registration area inside the hall. You walk into the hall, and then left into the show. Been like that before. No big deal, really”.
On April 1, 2020 however, attendees will, for the first time, be invited to enter through the LVCC Grand Concourse. Here, a very special entrance, called “The Arc de Triomphe de l’AVintheAM”, to be designed by OpenEye Global and made from wax, will be purpose built. This will not only count attendees but also print their badge.
Once safely through “The Arc de Triomphe de l’AVintheAM”, each attendee will personally be invited to turn left into the North hall, by a Jose Avalos shaped Virtual Mannequin, then directed to turn right, then left again, and finally REGISTER for a second time at security, at which point they are free to roam the show floor.
Other new innovations include: –
- Paris based Quividi will be providing the anonymous video analytics counting mechanism for “The Arc de Triomphe de l’AVintheAM”, note that data is extracted and stored as a numerical log file with no images or video being stored, but due to the new European Directive 2020/63/eu/ae1 that will come into force early next year, decimal is to make way for hexadecimal in printed form at all shows deemed by the European Union as ‘tech shows’. Therefore lookout for 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, A, B, C … up to 0xFA0 on your NFC enabled badge.
- (There is no truth to the rumour, that in order to up the numbers at the event, show director Andrea Varrone is currently petitioning the European Union to use Octal** instead of Hexadecimal giving the last show a whopping 7,640 visitors!)
- With the aim of attracting more Chinese Exhibitors we hear that “The Arc de Triomphe de l’AVintheAM” will likely be in the shape of a giant Rat (2020 is the Year of the Rat according to Chinese zodiac and Rat is the first in the 12-year cycle of Chinese zodiac. The Years of the Rat include 1912, 1924, 1936, 1948, 1960, 1972, 1984, 1996, 2008, 2020, 2032).
- Dr. Griffin will be the 2020 keynote speaker
- In order to attract more ‘exhibitors’ taking meeting room only space, instead of building up a proper exhibition stand, such as LG did this year, it is rumoured that the organisers wil be reversing the show floor format – putting meeting rooms at the front of the hall and placing long standing exhibitors; NEC, Samsung and STATACACHE in the row behind.
- Ayuda are rumured to be launching a new stand buiding and painting service, based on the success that Marie-Eve Reid, Luc Filiatreault (shown above) and colleagues had with constructing their own hut this year
** Step 1: Write down the octal number: 7640, Step 2: Multiply each digit of the octal number by the corresponding power of eight: 7×83 + 6×82 + 4×81 + 0x80, Step 3: Solve the powers: 7×512 + 6×64 + 4×8 + 0x1, Step 4: Add up the numbers written and voila!