The World Out of Home Organization (WOO) has expanded its membership and network in China with new member companies and the China Advertising Association (CAA) becoming a national association member.
Two new companies, Focus Media and Dynamic Winning Partner Media, are joining other China members who include Bundstar Media Group, Phoenix Metropolis Media, Unilumin LED, Hua Tie Media Group and AirMedia Group.
WOO President Tom Goddard told us “China is now the world’s second-largest Out of Home market by revenue after the United States and a testing ground for innovation in the worldwide industry. It’s therefore vital that WOO has an active presence there and to accelerate this, we appointed Jim Liu as our Greater China representative last year and he is doing a great job. We’re delighted therefore, to welcome so many new major Chinese members to WOO and look forward to their presence and contribution at our rescheduled Toronto Congress in May next year.”
WOO members in China now include: –
- Focus Media is the largest offline media provider in China. Listed via IPO in 2005 on NASDAQ, and in 2015, it returned to the China A-share market. Its media covers 230 cities and more than 2.6 million elevator terminals, reaching 300 million of the Chinese urban population.
- Dynamic Winning Partner Media (DWP) operates in the huge airport sector with an exclusive concession at Nanjing Airport, Guangzhou T1. It also has an urban Out of Home digital network covering over 200 cities.
- Bundstar Media Group which is building a landmark digital Out of Home network. It is the media owner of CITI Group Tower’s LED facility in Shanghai.
- Phoenix Metropolis Media in more than 80 cities in China – including Beijing, Guangzhou and Shanghai – with more than 200 super premium LED screens.
- Hua Tie Media Group which covers more than 70 per cent of China’s high-speed rail network via premium sites.
- Unilumin, a major supplier of LED application products and solutions with a complete R&D, manufacturing, sales and service system, based at a 400,000 square metres facility.
- AirMedia Group, focussed on aviation with the largest airport electronic media (LED/LCD) network in China with coverage of more than 30 airports nationwide.