OurCrowd, the world’s largest global venture investment platform will host the OurCrowd Pandemic Innovation Conference on June 22 to explore the latest technological solutions to the coronavirus crisis, including vaccination, treatment, diagnostics and prevention of the disease.
The sessions will also cover non-healthcare innovations addressing the changing nature of work and life brought about by the ‘Pandemic Pivot’ occurring in the global economy. The online conference will also introduce OurCrowd’s new $100 million Pandemic Innovation Fund, which will invest in compelling startups addressing the societal and medical realities of pandemics. Investors from over one hundred countries are expected to attend online, including some of the world’s biggest investors.
The online conference will be broadcast from TV studios in Israel and will feature leading investors, entrepreneurs, medical experts and business leaders from around the world. Online attendees will be able to meet directly with startup CEOs and topic experts in online breakout sessions. There will be live Q&As with guest speakers and the chance to network with other attendees from around the world in real time.
OurCrowd CEO Jon Medved told us “This conference is about providing global investor support to the remarkable entrepreneurs who are on the front lines working hard to solve the problems humanity is facing with the Pandemic. These entrepreneurs are racing to the vaccine, are building faster and more accurate testing, developing new therapeutics, and delivering remote healthcare services. These people and their companies need the resources of far-sighted investors so they can help to fix the world”.
Featured Experts include: –
Dr. Paul Rothman, CEO, Johns Hopkins Medicine
Professor Joseph M. Jacobson, Head, MIT Molecular Machines Research Group
Dr. Ruth Atherton, Director, Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation
Scott Bessent, Founder & CIO, Key Square Group; Former CIO, Soros Fund Mgmt
Jeremy Levine, Partner, Bessemer Venture Partners
Deven Parekh, Managing Director, Insight Venture Partners
Jon Medved, CEO, OurCrowd
Some of the startups that will be showcased are:
- data.world – the world’s largest open data community, created a dedicated hub for up-to-date COVID-19 data so members can work together to fight the pandemic. The company’s cloud-native enterprise data catalog maps siloed data to business concepts, creating a body of knowledge anyone can find, understand, and use.
- Ripple – Makes a great-tasting, high protein, plant-based alternative to dairy that addresses the need for food supply chain continuity during the pandemic and beyond.
- SaNOtize – Approved by Health Canada for multi-center Phase II trial of its Nitric Oxide Releasing Solution (NORSTM) for the prevention and early treatment of COVID-19.
- Sight Diagnostics – Compact complete blood count analyzer that provides lab-grade results with 2 drops of finger prick blood sample in under 10 minutes.
- Barcode Diagnostics – Multiple-screening platform for detection of SARS-CoV-2 infection in large populations, using individualized barcoding technology.
- Trellis – delivers Autonomous Food Supply Chains powered by smart data and AI. Its Cloud/AI SaaS platform helps food & beverage producers to integrate data from field to market to eliminate agriculture waste and boost production efficiency in order to conserve global resources.
- MigVax – Developing the MigVax-101 COVID-19 oral subunit vaccine for humans based on a proven platform developed over 4 years that was shown to be a highly effective oral vaccine against IBV (Infectious Bronchitis Virus) in poultry.
The conference will be streamed across several time zones with two start times so that attendees around the world will be able to join. Registration provides access to both. Content will be the same for both broadcasts.
Eastern Hemisphere: London: 7am-10am | Jerusalem: 9am-12pm | India: 11:30am-2:30pm | Hong Kong: 2pm-5pm | Sydney: 4pm-7pm
Western Hemisphere: San Francisco: 8am-11am | New York: 11am-2pm | London: 4pm-7pm | Jerusalem: 6pm-9pm
Alec Ellison, OurCrowd’s US Chairman, said “It’s not just medical companies that we will highlight at the Pandemic Innovation conference. The post-COVID world will look different and require innovative technology solutions, whether it’s working from home, distance learning, increased cybersecurity, robotic process automation – these will all be part of our ‘new normal’ and will be featured front and center at the Conference.”
OurCrowd is a global venture investment platform that empowers institutions and individuals to invest and engage in emerging companies. The most active venture investor in Israel, OurCrowd vets and selects companies, invests its capital, and provides its global network with unparalleled access to co-invest and contribute connections, talent and deal flow. OurCrowd builds value for its portfolio companies throughout their lifecycles, providing mentorship, recruiting industry advisors, navigating follow-on rounds and creating growth opportunities through its network of multinational partnerships. With $1.4 billion of committed funding, and investments in 200 portfolio companies and 20 venture funds, OurCrowd offers access to its membership of 48,000 individual accredited and institutional investors, family offices, and venture capital partners from over 183 countries to invest alongside, at the same terms. OurCrowd’s portfolio is diversified across sectors and stages, ranging from seed and series A through late stage and pre-IPO firms. Since its founding in 2013, OurCrowd portfolio companies have been acquired by some of the most prestigious brands in the world, including Uber, Canon, Oracle, Nike, and Intel.