Jim Butler, Executive Vice President and General Manager at LiveArea told us “Today’s shoppers need to have the option of unattended retail moments. Forcing shoppers to download apps to checkout is not a customer-first approach. Our customizable contactless solution lets consumers shop, pay, and checkout at their own pace, bringing the convenience of an online experience into physical stores.”
The proprietary retail technology from LiveArea allows in-store shoppers to shop safely and avoid checkout lines without having to download any retail mobile app.
LiveArea Scan & Go helps shoppers:
- Scan the barcodes on products they want
- Use mobile payments on their own devices
- Avoid checkout lines and leave after a store associate scans a digital receipt
LiveArea’s self-service technology allows retailers to:
- Sell more products with fewer associates
- Create a better experience for customers by eliminating checkout lines
- Attract new customers concerned with social distancing
- Rapidly deploy contactless payment options within weeks
- Avoid costly hardware installations and maintenance
- Seamlessly integrate into existing commerce solutions, customer profiles, and loyalty programs
We are told that LiveArea Scan & Go, was an innovation created in LiveArea’s Product Innovation practice, is compatible with major eCommerce platforms, including Salesforce Commerce Cloud, SAP Commerce Cloud, Magento, and BigCommerce. The offering builds on LiveArea’s proven expertise on these platforms and the company’s partnerships with major platform providers.
PFSweb (NASDAQ: PFSW) is a global commerce services company that manages the online customer shopping experience on behalf of major branded manufacturers and retailers. Across two business units – LiveArea for data-driven marketing and omnichannel experience design through technology selection, platform implementation and orchestrated services, and PFS for order fulfilment, contact center, payment processing/fraud management, and order management services – they provide solutions to a broad range of Fortune 500® companies and household brand names such as Procter & Gamble, L’Oréal USA, ASICS, Pandora, Ralph Lauren, Shiseido Americas, the United States Mint, and many more. PFSweb enables these brands to provide a more convenient and brand-centric online shopping experience through both traditional and online business channels. The company is headquartered in Allen, TX with additional locations around the globe.