We are currently engaged with a large Japanese retailer that is planning a research trip to the UK and continental Europe.
We were asked to suggest retailers that provide “innovative and worthwhile examples of their use of digital media in a retail environment”
Obviously we have some insight into that but even thinking hard it was difficult to list that many.
We included Harrods, obviously as both a luxury brand and stand-out department store but Guy Chiswick and Alex there together with Remote Media have done a truly fantastic job of integrating screens (even the ‘right way round’ we might add) into the store AND have a proven sales uplift to boot.
We also like what Realisation have done with the 3 Mobile Telephony Stores
We are looking for big box retail (not Grocery) and anything else truly innovative out there so let’s ask “who do you see that stands out in Retail and Digital Signage?”
Happy for readers to include Asia within that question as well and we will publish the results!
Here’s our latest list…
- Harrods (UK) by in-house team and Remote Media
- 3 Telecom Stores (UK) by Realisation
- Wow (Dubai, UAE) by Meedya
- Vodafone Oxford Street and Glasgow by MediaZest both good example of using technology to demonstrate the features of the phone being sold and innovative use of projection technology
- HMV store of the future at Merryhill by MediaZest especially the strong application of product content and its brand