Gail Chiasson, North American Editor
Omnivex, Concord, Ont., has announced a new version of its Moxie software for digital signage, with features geared to be used with the newest, sophisticated installations, as well as new capabilities being tested.
The features of Moxie 6.05 received an enthusiastic response from visitors at the recent Integrated Systems Europe show in Amsterdam and the Digital Signage Expo in Las Vegas.
- Large video walls have become increasingly popular in all types of digital signage deployments. Hardware manufacturers have developed flat screen displays with much thinner bezels than ever before so it is relatively easy to tile screens together to form one large display.
- With the magnitude of the video wall and sheer number of displays, combined with the often intricate configuration of screens coupled with complex multimedia content, it is often no longer practical to manage such video walls with a single PC.
- Omnivex Moxie 6.05 has the functionality to manage video walls driven by any number of PCs to form single or multiple images through the Video Wall Synchronization feature. A video can span multiple PCs, be displayed on multiple screens and remain in frame synchronization, even in the event of one or more Player PCs restarting. The end result is one perfectly unified, visually stunning video wall that is capable of managing the most elaborate content imaginable.
- There are numerous upgrades and modified features in Moxie 6.05 to streamline workflow and extend functionality. Users of Moxie 6.05 can set up multiple tasks to synchronize remote files, playlists, schedules, etc. to the Data Server folder. Users can then simply drop content files into a synchronized folder on their network and Moxie will retrieve them.
- With Moxie’s Data Proxy capability, multiple Players can connect through a single node, dramatically reducing network traffic and improving efficiencies
Already known for making significant advancements in the digital signage market place, Moxie has been recognized with many awards. Introduced to the market only 12 months ago, it was honored by industry experts as the ‘Best New Premise Based Content Management Software’ at the 2009 DIGI Awards. Additionally, two Moxie customers were recognized with 2010 APEX Awards: Portland’s Rose Garden Arena won an award in the Hospitality category for its 250 screen deployment of Moxie powered digital menuboards, while Maple Leaf Sports and Entertainment won an award in the Stadiums & Arenas category for its 320 screen Moxie digital signage network throughout Toronto’s Air Canada Centre.
Founded in 1991, Omnivex Corporation is a leader in software development for digital signage networks and electronic displays. Omnivex software is used by over 2,000 customers, including many Fortune 500 companies, to manage all aspects of digital signage networks, including content management, real-time data acquisition and distribution, and remote device monitoring and management.
During the DSE in February, the company was named to DailyDOOH’s Top 10 Digital Signage Vendors 2010.
March 24th, 2010 at 19:27 @852
My company uses a led video wall for meetings and conferences. Not sure how many computers we have set up to it, but everyone really enjoys having the system because it’s so much better than having an old projector in the room when having a meeting.