Scotiabank Caribana has launched the Scotiabank Caribana Navigator, a new way for Festival participants to enjoy Toronto’s historic celebration of Caribbean culture.
Smartphone users can download the free mobile app for Blackberry, iPhone and Android platforms to discover all the unique events at this year’s Festival, running July 15 to Aug. 15. (Carrier/network data charges may apply.) Users can also cast their vote for the best Festival costume with the Scotiabank People’s Choice Costume Contest in real-time and enter for a chance to win prizes from: Grace Foods, Blackberry, and Breezes Vacations, including an all-expense paid trip to the Caribbean.
“With the new Scotiabank Caribana Navigator, we are offering Festival attendees an engaging experience by enabling them to actively participate in the event from the palm of their hand,” says Jim Tobin, Scotiabank director, brand and sponsorships.
The Scotiabank Caribana Navigator app, designed by Simply Good Technologies, Toronto, allows users to:
- FIND de Vibe: explore and map key festival locations and points of interest around Toronto;
- SEE de Vibe: view festival photos and videos, submit photos and share with others;
- WIN de Vibe: enter the ‘Feel De Vibe’ contest for a chance to win many prizes including an all-inclusive vacation to Jamaica, and to vote in the Scotiabank People’s Choice Costume Contest;
- FOLLOW de Vibe: stay connected with festival updates and interact on Facebook and Twitter;
- MORE ‘TINGS’ – view a digital version of the festival guide, get more festival information and make music along with the ‘Feel De Vibe’ theme song.
“The Scotiabank Caribana Navigator app offers Caribana enthusiasts the opportunity to use the great functionality of their smartphones to have an even better experience at Caribana,” says Bill McLean, co-founder, Simply Good Technologies.
The 2010 Scotiabank People’s Choice Costume Contest brings a new level of interactive fun for participants and festival attendees. Each Band playing Mas participating in the Scotiabank Caribana Parade on July 31 is eligible to submit two photos for best male or female costume, and a chance to win $1000 in each category. Festival enthusiasts will rate the costumes as spicy or mild, and the final choice will rest in the peoples’ hands.
Smartphone users can also download the Scotiabank Caribana Navigator on iTunes, Blackberry App World or on the Android Market, provided they have the latest smartphone with a camera and GPS to take full advantage of all the app’s features
“The Scotiabank Caribana Navigator App is the perfect compliment to our award winning virtual marketing campaign,” says Andre Newell, director of marketing and communications for Scotiabank Caribana.