If you’re looking at this week’s Customer Engagement Technology World  as an opportunity for learning, there’ll be no lack of speakers helping you along at the various sessions.
Just a few of the many will include:
- Chris Borek, senior manager, interactive multichannel experience at Target  will take you through Successful Strategies of Customer Engagement Technologies. He will discuss what engagement really means to customers; how technologies help a company connect with customers and enhance their experience; and what is the difference between experience and engagement,
- David Sommer, managing partner, WPP’s GroupM Retail, CPG and Shopper Media , will look at Understanding How Agencies Think About Their Brands’ Customer Engagement Technology Strategies. He’ll discuss how agencies and brands are evolving agencies’ thinking to plan, buy and measure shopper media in-the-store, around-the-store and on mobile devices. This will help you understand how to reach shoppers while they are enjoying their lifestyle throughout various environments; what media planning and buying agencies are looking for when it comes to shopper media opportunities; and how DOOH, mobile, proximity and in-store technologies demonstrate customer engagement is the key ingredient.
- Patrick Quinn, CEO, PQ Media  and publisher of the Global Digital Out-of-Home Media Forecast series will share exclusive data and insights on 2009 and first-half 2010 actual spending, growth and trends; second-half 2010 pacing estimates; and will walk you through a preliminary view of what lies ahead for digital place-based networks and digital billboards in 2011.
- Robert Ventresca, vice-president marketing, NCR Corporation , will discuss Managing the Digital Content Mayhem. Hear what you need to know – and do – to set up and manage your digital signage network from a content perspective. Learn what technologies and processes help streamline content management and scheduling for digital signage networks, big and small, for maximum impact.
- Jonathan Chin, product manager – OEM scan engines, Motorola , will discuss Using 2D Bar Codes to Improve Customer Experience. 2D bar codes add a huge amount of data capability to any customer engagement technology. They allow you to measure the ROI of your marketing campaigns – based on the actual responses and actions of consumers. Compiling data and crunching this data in conjunction with self-service kiosks and other customer engagement technologies empowers you to deliver a personalized offering based on complementary products, past purchases, or predicted desirable products.
- Brian Ardinger, senior vice-president and chief marketing officer, Nanonation , will discuss Engaging & Empowering the New Digital Consumer. This session will look at the evolving nature of retail, marketing, and technology and offer tools and techniques for generating better results no matter where your consumers engage your brand.
These and discussions by many more respected industry executives will make your learning experience worthwhile.
Remember, today, Monday, Nov. 8, is the last day for online registration, so get a move on. After that, all registrations must be made by calling the office (203-371-6322) on Tuesday, or on-site at The Jacob Javits Convention Center locale itself on Wed. and Thurs..