Great to see that Simon Sugar, CEO Amscreen seems to be (very much) carrying on the old UK tradition of Avanti Screenmedia and investing heavily in marketing research and sharing the results.
Simon, fresh from some bloke’s stag do we believe, told us (hic), “Amscreen are committed to independent market research to prove the impact of our screens across all our media networks”.
Amscreen engage a number of techniques including exit interviews, measurement of sales uplift and utilise state-of-the-art eyeball tracking technology (cue yet-another-unprompted plug for Quividi).
The latest research shows that Amscreen’s digital screen media networks present a phenomenal advertising opportunity to brands, delivering high levels of sales uplift, brand awareness and recall.
The Sales uplift data has been obtained from various sources including EPOS data from retailers and Synovate / Litmus tests. Some of the key sales uplift results include…
- Chocolate bar brand: 30%
- Mint brand: 36%
- Energy drink brand: 49%
- Carbonated soft drink: 36.6%
- Seasonal chocolate: 8.4%
- Alcohol: 29.1%
- Snack: 9.1%
- Sweet: 8.4%
Amscreen also commissioned Lake Market Research and Magpie Research to carry out extensive and quantitative exit interviews across the UK to understand awareness and influence of forecourt screen media. Prompted awareness results for the presence of the screens and advertised brands showed…
- Credit card brand: 41%
- Snack brand: 39%
- Energy drink brand: 37%
- Mint brand: 33%
- Credit card brand: 26%
79% of respondents noticed the screen AND of these…
- 89% stated that the sites were good locations for this sort of advertising
- 82% recalled seeing a particular ad or promotion on screen
- 73% said they might be influenced to act on a screen prompt
The Quividi ‘research’ (integrated directly onto the screen) measured how many people are in the vicinity of the screen (by gender and four age categories) and the percentage that actually stops to look at the screens which told Amscreen that…
- 94% average conversion rates from number of people in the vicinity of the screen to those that look at the screen
- Consistent and stable results over time (7 months) where customers continue to notice and watch the screen
- Market leading results aided by choice of sites, screen location, engaging content and the LED ticker