#MPDOOH Award Winners
Gail Chiasson, North American EditorGoodby, Silverstein & Partners took the Best of Show award for its ‘Yahoo! Bus Stop Derby’ digital interactive transit shelter advertising at the conclusion of MediaPost’s 4th annual Digital Out-of-Home Forum last week in New York.
Unfortunately, no-one from the agency nor client was present to accept that award, nor the two others the same advertising won in both the National or Local Campaign category nor the Use of Interactive Technology category. The advertising saw 150,000 interactive games played during the run of the campaign.
Other award winners included, by category:
- Branded Content and Sponsorship – Access 360 Media for its U.S. Army ‘Army Strong’ advertising by McCann-Erickson Worldwide
- Branding Campaign – Six Flags Entertainment Inc. for its ‘Vh 1 Do Something! Awards’;
- Integration with a Mobile Device – Kinetic for Coors Light ‘Snap, Send, Score’;
- Integration with Experiential/Activity – Polo Ralph Lauren for ‘Ralph Lauren 4D: A Historic Fusion of Art, Fashion & Technology’;
- Integration with Other Digital Media Including Social – Hush Studios Inc. with McCann Worldgroup and Chicco for Chicco ‘U.S. Digital Launch’;
- Integration with Traditional Media – Zoom Media & Marketing for Blackberry’s ‘Blackberry Messenger Media Campaign in Zoom Media & Marketing’s Social Network’; (We noticed that this advertising garnered 60% recall. Ed.)
- Use of Relevant Message and Environment – Captivate Network for Georgia Pacific’s ‘Spread Wellness’; (This ad showing a man entering an elevator, sneezing into a tissue and then using the tissue to touch the elevator buttons earned a mixture of both groans and laughter from the audience. Ed.)
- Innovative Technology Platform – Inwidow Outdoor and Zenith Media for Twentieth Century Fox Home Entertainment’s ‘Avatar Digital Face Morphing Exhibit’; (This advertising prompted 30,000 people to ‘morph’ into Avatars’. Ed.)
- Innovative Use of a Digital Out-of-Home Platform – Monster Media for Intel’s ‘How Smart is Your TV?’.