Hic! Friday saw our Head of R&D get married and as we wrote before it was a union between Spain and Germany (references to how fun the household football watching was in 2008 and 2010 were of course forthcoming during the various speeches) anyway it’s work, work, work this weekend now as we prepare for a very busy week ahead, some of which we wanted to share with you here…
- We had some criticism last week of our MicroTiles coverage (some said it was a little excessive) at the London Stock Exchange but we make no excuses for that. We are brand ambassadors for the product and had the privilege to work from the very beginning on what turned out to be quite simply the best install ever. There’s another stock market opening very soon and whilst we won’t go to the great lengths we did with the first we’ll cover it and show you and hopefully demonstrate how no holds barred signage can be done!
- Anyway I digress again. Most of our team are now in the UK or on their way to the UK. Gail arrived this morning – an 07:30am pick up after a wedding the day before is never good planning but hey ho! Sunday sees a team dinner at DailyDOOH Towers and this really will be the first time that everyone in our small organisation has been together at the same time.
- Monday is a staff training day for us at the Phyllis Court Club in Henley on Thames.
- On Tuesday a couple of us will be heading to Chelsea Football Club where together with Bluefox we are hosting what we expect will be another great content day unconference. 20+ people are going out of their way the day before #ScreenMediaExpo (many from outside the UK) to meet, discuss and share best practise. We will of course report on that separately.
- Wednesday of course sees #ScreenMediaExpo which looks like it is going to be bigger and better than ever. We have reported on the event extensively over the last few months and the two days of the show will be no different wil ALL of our reporters either in our Blogger Lounge, walking the show floor or sitting in one of the innumerable conferences taking place. There are some great speakers this year and lots of networking events and cocktail parties going on all over the place.
- One thing for sure is that there are a hell of a lot of products ‘debuting’ at the show as well as some announcements – some of which may surprise or shake the industry a little
- As usual during an event of this magnitude we are hosting our usual exclusive Supper Club. We have to thank Ayuda Media Systems for sponsoring that this time around.
- Lastly I have to say that I am incredibly pleased that so many punters have registered for our joint RapidTV / DailyDOOH Digital Signage Round Table. As I write this there are ONLY 32 tickets available for the event (register here before it’s too late). This looks like it will also be a great session as we TRULY have three of the industry’s leaders on the panel; Denise Macdonell (Harris), Dirk Huelsermann (NEC and President, OVAB) and Jose Avalos (Intel) with live umprompted questions from the studio audience this should be one really unmissable event (which is why we are filming it of course). The round table kicks off at 15:30 and is kindly being hosted in the Broadsign Suite – Gallery Level, Earls Court 2.
It’s going to be a great week. We hope to meet many of you at #ScreenMediaExpo but if you cannot make it then please be sure to follow all that goes on, as usual of course, with us.