We are always looking for ways to improve the site and in an editorial meeting the other day we all agreed that the Most Popular Posts (MPP) column (used to be shown on the right hand side of the blog just before the ‘Recent Entries’ column) was probably not as useful as it once was.
MPP used to calculate its top 8 articles based on the number of non-unique page views. Unfortunately after a while the top posts became (almost) self fulfilling – being clicked on because they were there AND not truly reflecting, we believe, the stories of real interest on the site.
So we are now trying a new approach and last night replaced MPP with a new column entitled ‘Featured Articles
Featured Articles‘ is our choice of posts and will change from time to time, we have started off with the following…
- The “Underpants Gnomes”
- Trends and Predictions for 2008
- Our Top 10 Digital Signage Vendors Part 1
- Our Top 10 Digital Signage Vendors Part 2
- Our Top 10 Digital Signage Vendors Part 3
- Top 10 Companies to Watch in 2008
- Our Top 10 Music Providers Part 1
- Our Top 10 Music Providers Part 2
- KineticWW’s Top 10 Digital OOH Formats
- KineticWW’s Top 10 Digital OOH Global Campaigns
Let us know what you think and as always, we are interested in hearing ways in which we can improve the site for our readers.