Last night JADN.TV held a really good networking event at Galerie Gora, an art gallery in Montreal.
It was well attended (50+) with some good speakers – the pictures above show left to right David Haynes (sales director, BroadSign) and Claude Sénéchal (vice-president sales and marketing, Intello Technologies) taking part in a Q&A panel, Lyle Bunn (consultant and ‘strategy architect’ who made a great presentation) and some of the crowd enjoying pre-conference cocktail (you can see Denys Lavigne, event organiser on the far right of this picture standing in front of a picture).
The event was covered on our behalf by Gail, our Canadian correspondent who will write up something tomorrow on the presentations themselves but just briefly…
- The Wal-Mart stuff more or less just compared 1.0 with the improvements of 2.0. It was all in French and hard to follow, but nothing exciting.
- We had chats with quite a few interesting people, including all the speakers, plus Stephen Yaffe, head of Jezam Interactive, various others, plus the Arsenal Media people.
- We were amused, as a couple of different people (not David Haynes we must add) asked “what DailyDOOH has against BroadSign and why we pick on it?”
Oh and I was also described as ‘pompous’ !!!
Based on the definitions of pompous on the Web I will have to plead “guilty as charged your honour” which is probably what a certain Mr. Petters will be saying shortly as well before spending the next 20 years of his life in jail…
- Grandiloquent: puffed up with vanity; “a grandiloquent and boastful manner”; “overblown oratory”; “a pompous speech”;
- Characterized by pomp and ceremony and stately display
- Affectedly grand, solemn or self-important