First mooted back in December the Strategy Institute’s ‘Digital Brand Activation Summit: a Place Based Strategy‘ being held on 25th and 26th April 2012 in Toronto has now taken shape.
If it’s half as good as our Digital Signage Investor Conference in New York City last October then this event will be well worth attending.
- David Payne, Chief Executive Officer, Kinetic Americas (New York) kicks off day one although that’s slightly tarnished by the very over exposed Patrick Quinn, President & CEO, PQ Media who follows him
- There’s an Advertiser’s Panel after that entitled ‘Developing Digital and Location-Based Media Strategies to Maximize Consumer Brand Awareness; with (gulp) actual brands!
- Zoom Media, Nielsen OnLocation, a few others and Volkswagen Canada make up the speakers for the rest of the afternoon
- Day two’s Keynote is from Don Romano, President, Mazda Canada who will discuss “The stakes of being in the mobile, social and place-based space are high; so too are the rewards of being in touch with today’s younger generations”
- Next up is a Media Planners Power Panel that is probably worth attending just on its own – representatives from Aegis Media Canada, Starcom MediaVest Media Group and TBWA Toronto will discuss “How Do You Plan for Brand Activation: Strategizing the Use of Digital, Location-Based Media in a Convergent World”
- The rest of the morning is taken up by a Creative Panel (let’s hope St. Joseph Content have improved their presentation since we last heard them speak) talking content and (yawn) the seemingly obligatory product pitch from Intel on Anonymous Video Analytics – seriously why the fook do they have to put this in here spoiling what is apart from that, pretty much a nice balanced agenda?
- The afternoon sees what looks like, interesting presentations from Proximity Canada, MediaCom, Captivate Network and the Canadian Tourism Commission
All in all (except for the unnecessary Intel / AVA sales pitch) this looks like a pretty good two days.
To Register and take advantage of their specials:
CALL: 1 866 298 9343 x 200