This is a salaried position with an additional Profit Percentage bonus awarded quarterly. The position would start May 1st, 2012. The commitment is exclusively to Technospeak (i.e., no moonlighting), and would be 40hrs allocated across Monday through Saturday of each week.
Employment will be probationary for first 90 days prior to official hire.
Their office is located in Westchester, CA (just south of Loyola University), and the majority of the project work is in the Westside and West Valley. They take projects from Thousand Oaks to Riverside to Irvine, so cover a large area.
The successful applicant MUST have the following:
- A clean driving record and a current, valid, California drivers license.
- Reliable transportation to/from office and/or jobsite
- Advanced knowledge of residential construction including: Framing/Structure, Low Voltage, Electrical, Plumbing and HVAC
- Intimate knowledge of interconnects of projects of all sizes
- Intimate knowledge of the following electronic components: Home Theater, Home Automation, Distributed Audio/Video Surveillance Systems, Phone Systems, Intercom Systems and Data networks.
- 6. The ability to identify all the different types of cabling used in our profession as well as the standards for how cabling is terminated and placed in residential construction
- To be able to setup and program all systems listed above
- Expert trouble-shooting skills to be able to quickly and logically troubleshoot any technical problems.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent references from former employers
- To be able to lift at least 50 lbs, work on a ladder at least 8ft tall, and work in confined spaces (attics, crawlspaces, wiring chases).
- Your own set of hand-tools and some basic power tools (i.e., cordless drill)
- Your own laptop capable of running CCP, Integration Designer and C4′s Composer (this can be financed again your paycheck if need be)
- Expert programming ability in one or more of the following remote manufacturers: Universal Remote Control, RTI, Control4, Logitech and Philips Pronto. For this position we would prefer the programming system to be Control4 but will accept others.
- Must be an expert in user interfaces with a relentless eye for most efficient key strokes, most intuitive nomenclature, competing interfaces (i.e., iPad, iTouch, iPhone), etc.
- Must be able to interact directly with customers and work independently
- Advanced experience with all aspects of Residential Data Networks including: the difference between Fiber, DSL and Cable, how to setup whole-house wireless networks, all the possible ways to stream content, trouble-shooting networked components, etc.
- Must be able to manage other part-time installers as well as perform your own installation
You can apply for this position by emailing email@example.com.