Alan James from the OAA and Steve Bond, Chair IPA Outdoor Group kindly sent us through a first heads-up on a UK Outdoor Industry conference that will take place on Thursday April 2nd at the Battersea Evolution in London.
The conference will highlight the change and growing importance of the outdoor communication channel and is entitled ‘The 3rd Space’
Alan tells us that ‘The 3rd Space’ “is the space we inhabit outside the home and the office. It’s a space that is becoming increasingly important as time spent out of home in the UK has risen by 53% since 1994”
Over 600 brands, agency delegates, outdoor media agencies and media owners are expected to attend the event which will be chaired by Nick Hurrell of Hurrell, Moseley, Dawson and Grimmer.
Some of the topics being discussed will be: –
- how consumers are undergoing structural changes in their lives and how outdoor fits in with these changes
- outdoor’s huge growth in audience and how new Postar will measure it
- new technology and how it is working for outdoor
- econometrics and new findings as to how it measures outdoor
- new evidence of effectiveness
- a vision for and of the future
A full agenda and more details of the speakers will be announced nearer to the conference date.