The year is but a few months old but the industry seems to be hotting up nicely; the RMG Networks / Symon Communications, Inc. deal is moving along well (we will be in Dallas towards the end of April to see, first hand, just how well) and we are also seeing a lot of action with many of the digital signage software vendors in our #DSTop10 list.
In no particular order, here’s what we are seeing from those on that list:-
- BroadSign finally take sides and step up their marketing game (published earlier here). BroadSign appear to be making good money and are ploughing that back into R&D and marketing (disclaimer: some of that comes to us online and our events business). We are also expecting at least two big network announcements from them in the next week or so.
- He’s gone! This rumour won’t go away. One of the CEOs in our #DSTop10 has been asked to step down
- Ahead of general April Samsung SOC availability, Signagelive keep up their world tour and continued hype (they must be Samsung’s favourite vendor by far)
- Whilst Scala’s revenues for the year are allegedly down slightly we hear that for the first time in a decade they may well actually turn a profit
- The acquisition trail. One on the list is starting to spend their cash pile. Watch out for an announcement (or maybe even two separate announcements) in the next couple of weeks. This is not consolidation but a horizontal play
- Four Winds Interactive are going to be busy figuring out how to handle the demands of new client, Bank of America but rumour is they also gunning for another of the big RFPs out in North America at the moment (no, not Best Buy)
- Intel and YCD refuse to comment on the rumour ‘Are Intel About To Acquire @YCDMultimedia?‘ … read into that what you will
In 2013, we will be announcing an updated #DSTop10 in November, in conjunction with (most likely the day before), The DailyDOOH Gala Awards – we’ve already met a few of the existing vendors, been to see some new candidates in Scandinavia and have trips as far afield as Taiwan, Toronto and Montreal to see some more!