Following the finalisation of the integration of EYE Corp into oOh!, which by the way, has made oOh! the largest player in Australia’s out-of-home advertising industry comes news of a new away from home category and a key appointment to help drive it…
- Warwick Denby has joined oOh!’s senior management team as Group Director – Business Strategy, and is responsible for a new Place Based Media offering – oOh! Place – as well as the national roll out of CloseBuys, a mobile app and website.
- The new oOh! Place offering extends oOh!’s audience reach into cafes, pubs and social areas, providing both advertising and digital content, while the Close Buys mobile app and website helps shoppers find specials from bricks and mortar retailers near them and already has made 180,000 app and online connections.
In addition to heading up oOh! Place and CloseBuys, Mr Denby – who has previously held senior product roles for Austar and Telstra-Saturn and most recently consulted to a number of start-up businesses to build a digital presence – is responsible for the business scope for all existing and new products.
Chief Executive Officer of oOh! Brendon Cook, “We have re-structured the business to better leverage away-from-home advertising opportunities using our existing oOh! Road, Retail and Fly products and our newly created place based media offering, oOh! Place”.
“oOh! Place enables advertisers to connect to an additional 2.3 million consumers each week doing a variety of activities while they are away from home – such as grabbing a coffee, socializing, playing sport, relaxing in a pub or hotel or studying at university. This new away from home category has a strong emphasis on content and online engagement and connects in completely different ways to traditional out of home. Warwick’s experience in tech start-ups, consumer marketing and business development will be a catalyst to provide new ways to connect advertisers to consumers through new technology, content and environments.”
Mr Denby said oOh!’s vision for the OOH industry to broaden its reach into these growing place-based opportunities is truly innovative: “Consumers are spending more time away from home so now is our opportunity not only to deliver more than just advertising in these environments, but to forge deeper engagement between advertiser and consumers with digital content that can engage on another level.”
oOh! Place will include:
- Café – digital advertising network located in over 350 CBD café environments;
- Social Sports – static, digital and online opportunities across more than 70 indoor sporting venues nationally reaching over ½ million healthy, active and social consumers each month;
- Study – a digital and static platform located in all major tertiary education campuses with the ability to reach 1/3 of the hard to reach 18-24 demographic;
- Venue – digital network throughout selected lifestyle demographic hotels around Australia highlighting “Bite TV” generated content channel;
- CloseBuys – in-house smart phone app and website that helps retailers and brands communicate offers and sales directly with local shoppers via their smart phone.
To reflect the growth and restructure, oOh! is rolling out revised branding with the new tagline ‘a world away-from-home‘ to reflect the unique new opportunities oOh! now offers advertisers.