There are half a dozen summits and conferences running alongside April’s Screen Media Expo Europe  but the most exciting to us by far is the POPAI organised Digital Media In Retail one – there are now some truly interesting speakers lined up AND with POPAI’s weight behind the event it will undoubtedly get traction with (true) retailers, something that will (a) really help the show and (b) put bums on seats in the conference itself.
Bill Collins, from Decisionpoint Media is lined up to give a keynote and this will be the first place that he gets to talk publicly about the white paper ‘How to Reestablish Retail’s Role as a Mass Consumer Medium‘ he recently co-authored.
The 2 day event costs POPAI Members UK PDS 145 and Non-Members UK PDS 295 
The agenda so far is as follows:-
- How to re-establish retail’s role as a mass consumer medium:
Bill Collins, Decisionpoint Media
- Green Audit – Evaluating the carbon performance of digital display packages:
Andrew McCall, Managing Director ROI Team
- Getting results from multi–channel retail media:
The Post Office & ABC Media
- Converting retailers into media owners:
Tor Olav Haugen, Catchtheeye
- Being a media owner with SuperMarkt TV (a franchisee’s viewpoint):
Roland Grimberg, Meerhoven PLUS Supermarkt
- Petrol station forecourt case study:
Repsol Petrol Stations
- Digital Signage in POS : the business models that work
Cyril Michel, CEO, Mirane
If this event is half as good as it sounds, then it should be a ‘retail’ event to remember.