This Month’s Rumour and Gossip
Adrian J Cotterill, Editor-in-Chief
This is true ‘scuttlebut’ – a simple round up of rumour and gossip from the industry in this first month of the year.
Sometimes people tell us stuff and we promise not to tell ALL and sometimes we just hear things!!
Here’s what we have heard in the last few weeks: –
- Big announcement from Sanyo about to be made
- Out to tender a 300 site Pharmacy deal in the UK
- Signage announcement with a Big London Attraction imminent
- David Lloyd gym deal in Ireland
- Smartslab / TITAN / Avanti Screenmedia planning to work together on Axis Building (Giant Screen) in Manchester
- New Spanish network announced at Screen Expo
- Digital Washroom deal with BAA
- Esprit Digital’s lease on Tottenham Court Road DEPs to end in March
- Network acquisition in Czech Republic
- There will be a shock winner for the Tesco Creative RFP
- ITrans to be featured at London Fashion Week
- Big shuffle of who has which network with UK Media Sales houses
- Barclays Bank Interactive Video Wall
- In-Store Radio Announcement
- Samsung have possibly sponsored their last Screen Survey
- Motomedia rollouts in Russia
Definitions of scuttlebut on the Web:
Scuttlebutt in nautical terminology is a water fountain or water cask on a ship. It is now more commonly used as slang for “information” or “gossip”…
January 24th, 2008 at 10:18 @471
RE: ‘There will be a shock winner for the Tesco Creative RFP’
Do you know something the rest of us don’t? The RFP deadline isn’t until 25th Jan which, at the time of posting this reply, is tomorrow. Are you suggesting DH have already made up their mind?
January 24th, 2008 at 17:50 @785
Simon (and for ALL those folks who called and emailed NO THIS IS NOT SIMON REES FROM ASG)….
No we don’t know who will win for definite and there is NO WAY that Dunnhumby have made a call already (that’s not their style).
It would be unfair of us yet to suggest who we think will win, but given a few weeks we will list who we think will be the likely top 3 contenders (and yes we think there will be 3 real contenders out of the 6 short-listed)
January 28th, 2008 at 17:25 @767
Sorry for the confusion – yes, it’s NOT Simon Rees.
Go on then, Adrian, tell us your 3 🙂