Portland, Oregon, Ore., Planar Systems Inc., has introduced the Planar Simplicity Series line of large format LCD displays, offering a simple and stylish digital signage display solution at an affordable price.
Planar Simplicity Series full-featured digital signage displays combine a slim, professional design with content playback capabilities and a full range of commercial features. With builtin media playing, these displays lower the cost and complexity of deploying digital signage by eliminating the need for additional hardware.
Planar Simplicity Series displays are easy to install and allow users to create and display content using tools they already have – including videos, photography from cell phone cameras, stock photos and music libraries. The displays are considered ideal for use in retail stores, restaurants, medical offices, corporate meeting areas, museums and hospitality settings.
The symmetrical bezel on the Planar Simplicity Series offers an elegant form factor. Designed for digital signage applications in either landscape or portrait orientation, there is no distracting logo or uneven side bezel, which can look awkward, especially in portrait orientation.
At a depth of less than 1.7”, Planar Simplicity Series displays are compliant with the Americans with Disabilities Act.
“The Planar Simplicity Series tackles the barriers that prevent businesses from deploying digital signage by making it easy and affordable to deploy a digital signage system,” says Becky Connors, product marketing manager at Planar Systems. “It’s a sleek, commercial-quality display that will hold the attention of any viewing audience.”
The Planar Simplicity Series offers the following benefits:
- Low total cost of ownership: Planar Simplicity Series displays include USB playback with scheduling, LAN and mobile device content distribution, built-in speakers and a Kensington security slot for worry-free installation. It eliminates the need for third-party hardware. With prices starting at $595, the Planar Simplicity Series extends the benefits of digital signage to a wider range of organizations, including those with limited budgets.
- Simple installation: Planar Simplicity Series displays are easy to install and use for entrants into digital signage, while robust enough for more advanced installations. Users needing to install multiple displays can push content from one computer to several individual displays, resulting in instant updates to content without the cost of multiple media players;
- High versatility: The media playing capabilities of the Planar Simplicity Series support playback of a variety of formats including video, audio and images. The comprehensive set of inputs and external controls include HDMI, VGA, DVI, Component Video, RS-232, Ethernet (RJ-45) and IR Remote Control;
- Superior image quality and reliability: Planar Simplicity Series displays offer full HD 1080p resolution and are backed by Planar’s CustomerFirst 3-Year Warranty;
- Industry-leading energy efficiency: Planar Simplicity Series displays incorporate advanced power management, resulting in 30% less power consumption than the industry average for LED backlit displays.
The Planar Simplicity Series is available now in 32” and 42” sizes through Planar’s global network of authorized resellers. Additional sizes will be available in early 2014.