Show+Tell , a growing digital signage / creative technology / marketing and production services company, seeks a highly experienced Senior Systems Design Engineer. The position will be located in their New York City office.
Job Roles & Responsibilities:
– Develop system design drawings including, but not limited to audiovisual system diagrams
and schematic drawings; architectural diagrams, drawings and sketches;
– Design/Build and Bid/Build specifcations; and operational capabilities narratives, etc.
– Interface with Sales team to develop and document a project design package based on
client requirements and job site conditions.
– Management complicated systems design assignments, working with clients and team to
realize the projects goals.
– Work directly with clients, architects, and consultants throughout the design development
and delivery process with the support of the Supervisor.
– Oﬀer technical support and guidance thru the duration of the project for other team
members, including those in Programming, Fabrication, Field Engineering or
– Be capable of working eﬀectively and eﬃciently with support from other members of the
engineering team, and also be able to support other members of the engineering team.
– Maintain complete and accurate project documentation and records
– Eﬀectively coordinate and manage multiple system design projects.
– Be responsible for successfully completing assignments on time and within budget.
– Be willing to learn new skills as well as share knowledge with the rest of the Application
Skills & Abilities:
– Experience with display systems: LED displays, video walls, networked displays, etc.
– Strong working knowledge of Audio Video systems design, operation and installation.
– Strong working knowledge of Digital Display Head-end Systems (Broadsign, Scala,
Brightsign, Sedna, etc).
– Computer video compression and streaming or transmission.
– Computer OS profciency (Mac, Windows)
– Demonstrated profciency in the use of AutoCAD drafting software or similar profciency in
the use of other diagrammatic software tools, or commitment to acquire said profciency
– Read, correctly interpret and produce multiple formats of technical specifcations;
schematic drawings and architectural diagrams .
– Demonstrated profciency in the use of computers and general business software
(Microsoft Outlook, Project, Excel, and Word).
– Architectural drafting experience desirable.
– Ability to interact with end-users and internal staﬀ to successfully identify and document
specifc client requirements. Ability to interface directly with the customer and represent Show+Tell in a completely professional manner.
– Strong working knowledge of information networks / IP skills desirable
– Must have good written and oral communications skills.
Education & Qualifcations:
– A BA in a technical subject or equivalent and related work experience.
– 5 Plus years as a systems engineer in the Audio Visual or aﬃliated industry.
– InfoComm CTS certifcation highly desirable with Advanced CTS-D certifcation desirable.
– Willingness to pursue additional training related to performance of job.
– Ability of lift and carry heavy objects up to 25 lbs.
– Limited weekend / late night work may be required.
– Requires extensive sitting, standing and walking.
– Travel to job site locations and remain within the local work area until on-site work is completed.
– Domestic travel requiring multi-night stays within and at times outside the local work area.
Call 212-489-6100 and / or see http://showandtell.com/services/