Congratulations to ALL the winners at the UK AV Awards ceremony that took place on Friday night in London (in all the categories not just the four that we covered / were particularly interested in).
What a great event it was, nice food, good surroundings, great company and it really demonstrated what an industry can do to help promote (and congratulate) itself and pull itself together.
The Wednesday before we put our reputation on the line (again) by predicting who would win from the nominees  and we are pleased to say we were 4 from 4 – yes we predicted correctly who all four awards would go to and that made blogging live from the event  (had to sit at back of hall to get a good signal) all the more enjoyable.
- Consumer installation of the year – Digital signage installation at Lord’s, by AMX
- Digital media project of the year – The Comcast Experience, by Barco
- Digital signage company of the year – Onelan
- Digital signage project of the year – Showcase Cinema De Lux, by Beaver Solutions
The list of judges was made public in the programme and whilst they were most definitely not ‘white van men’ like we described in earlier posts they were all AV oriented – rather than digital signage (and no real ‘digital out of home’ representation either).
- Chair, Peter Lloyd, Consultant
- Stuart Carter, Ministry of Defense
- Stuart Davies, University of Glamorgan, Vice Chair of SCHOMS
- Adrian Exton, The Leon Partnership
- Simon Frusher, BT
- Roland Hemming, RH Consulting
- Simon Hughes, COI
- Peter Hunt, Hewshott International
- Greg Jeffreys, InfoComm Europe
- Toni Kelly, University of Birmingham, Chair of SCHOMS
- Colin Messenger, DRC Worldwide
- Grahan Naylor-Smith, Arup Communications
- Ben Pain, Church House Conference Centre
- Mike Quinn, Freelance Consultant
- Peter Rugg, UBS
Congratulations should also go to Peter Lloyd who received a much deserved ‘Lifetime Achievement Award’ – brilliant, well done!