Screenfeed are offering all digital signage networks and media owners, the latest news on the Coronavirus from Reuters at absolutely no cost.
In France, earlier this week, JCDecaux announced that its self-service bicycle scheme would be free for nursing staff in cities in which it operates.
JCDecaux had observed an increase in the rental of its bicycles near hospitals, in particular that of Edouard Herriot in Lyon, and those of Timone and Saint-Joseph in Marseille .
So in the cities of Lyon, Marseille, Nantes, Toulouse, Nancy, Mulhouse, Amiens, Créteil, Besançon, Rouen, and Cergy-Pontoise, healthcare staff who send proof of their professional activity to
email@example.com, specifying their city will receive in return a single-use code, valid for 12 months, which can be used both by a first-time subscriber and to renew a current subscription.
For non-subscribed caregivers: upon receipt of their code, they will be able to take out an annual subscription online on the system of their choice (website of the VLS service concerned or on the mobile applications ‘official bicloo’ or “official Velo’v” for Nantes and Lyon) and enter the code at the time of payment.
For caregivers who already have a subscription, the code will allow them to renew their subscription for free for a period of one year.
Kinetic and DOOH.com have partnered with a number of UK OOH media owners with this tweet #MyHeroes initiative which aims to deliver individual messages of gratitude to selected key workers on digital screens across the UK.
Ali MacCallum, CEO of Kinetic UK said “The #MyHeroes campaign is another brilliant demonstration of the OOH industry coming together to deliver a public message of support for key workers. OOH’s ability to amplify social media content in public in real-time, while at the same time generating striking dynamic visual content for social sharing, is something unique to OOH as a channel.”
Edge1, an India-based outdoor advertising ERP software company announced this week that JK Ads, Kerala, India has started deploying their solution.
JK Ads offer quality outdoor advertising media spaces and they own more than 300 outdoor media faces across Kerala.
Upinder Singh, Project Director of Edge1, said “Our new customer win with JK Ads further demonstrates our position as the market leader in providing outdoor advertising operational analytics, campaign management and business intelligence solutions to outdoor advertising media companies that depend on them. We set the standard for ease and speed of deployment, ease of use, functional depth, end-user adoption, cost-effectiveness in both initial acquisition and ownership over time, and overall ROI. Edge1 delivers on the promise of business intelligence. We are extremely pleased that JK Ads, a leader in traditional out-of-home media in Kerala, has selected Edge1’s platform.”
JK Ads is now using Edge1’s enterprise resource planning platform for sales proposal generation, real-time availability, media planning, media buying, inventory management, media monitoring, billing, and landlord automation.
Back in March the organisers of Integrate Expo which was scheduled to take place August 19-21, 2020, quickly postponed it due to #COVID19, some five months or 153 days ahead of when the event should have taken place.
At the time Integrate’s Marketing Manager Stephanie Bleakley told us “We have taken the decision today to postpone Integrate until later in 2020. As you can imagine it’s been an interesting few weeks for us, but after much consideration and due to increasing restrictions from the Australian Government in regards to social gatherings and travel, it was increasingly becoming unavoidable and we wanted to give the industry as much time as we could, and try to alleviate any uncertainty any way we can”.
However, they have now come to the decision that it is not feasible to hold the event this year.
Their next event will take place in Melbourne on August 24-26, 2021.
Many organisers who quickly re-scheduled events or announced a ‘postponement’ until later in the year, are now starting to realise that they might have been a little too hasty in making that decision.
Not only is the end of the year calendar getting rather crowded, we have seen three events re-scheduled for September now cancelled completely for 2020 (the Prolight + Sound exhibition, Passenger Terminal Expo and Cannes Lion).
Here’s a list of our industry shows, conferences, exhibitions and general get-together #COVID19 casualties..
They are listed in date-they-would-have-happened order, so March through to middle of August at the moment …
- Advertising Week Europe which was scheduled to take place March 16-19, 2020 has been postponed until September 14-17, 2020.
- The ANA Marketers Media Conference, scheduled for March 25-27 at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa has been cancelled.
- The Prolight + Sound exhibition, which had been scheduled to run March 31-April 3 and was then postponed until May 26-29, 2020 has now been cancelled altogether.
- #dse2020, which was due to run March 31-April 3 has been moved to September 15-18, 2020
- CinemaCon 2020 which was due to run March 30-April 2 in Las Vegas has been cancelled
- Passenger Terminal Expo which was supposed to take place in Paris, March 31-April 2, 2020 will not now take place this year. It has been re-scheduled for April 13-15, 2021 and will take place at the RAI, Amsterdam.
- ISA Sign Expo 2020 which was scheduled to take place April 1-4 in Orlando, FL has been postponed until later in the year. New dates, same location are Sunday, August 23 – Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
- Interop Tokyo 2020, CMT 2020, Digital Signage Japan 2020, Location Business Japan 2020 and APPS Japan 2020, scheduled for April 13-15, 2020 at Makuhari Messe, Japan have all been cancelled. The shows will return June 16-18, 2021.
- The NAB Show which was scheduled for April 18-22 in Las Vegas has been cancelled. The organisers initially said “NAB is evaluating a number of alternatives to the April show” but an update from them on March 20 said that the show would NOT now take place this year.
- TheStadiumBusiness Summit, which was to take place April 21 – 22, 2020 is now taking place September 28-30, 2020
- The 2020 Geopath/OAAA Convention and Expo which was to take place April 27-29, 2020 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge in Phoenix, Arizona has been cancelled. The organisers are exploring what can be done later this year.
- RetailEXPO 2020, which was scheduled to take place from April 29-30 in Olympia, London has been cancelled completely for this year and will next take place April 2021.
- The ICAS AGM and Conference planned for May 4, 2020 in Marina del Rey, California has been cancelled.
- The AdClub of Toronto’s DIGITAL DAY 2020 which was due to take place Thursday May 7, 2020 has been cancelled.
- #rbewc2020 The Retail and Brand Experience World Congress which was scheduled to take place May 12-14, 2020 in Barcelona has now been re-scheduled for November 17-19, 2020, at Fira Gran Via Barcelona. It will take place alongside the 10th edition of the Smart City Expo World Congress, together with the Smart Mobility Congress.
- PLASA Focus Leeds, which was due to take place on 12-13 May at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds has been cancelled for this year.
- madconNYC which was scheduled for May 12-13, 2020 at the Brooklyn Expo Center has been postponed now until December 1-2, 2020
- UCEXPO 2020 which was due to take place Wednesday May 13 – Thursday May 14 at ExCeL, London has been postponed. The organisers tell us that they are “in the process of securing new venue space for September 29 – October 1, 2020”.
- InfoComm Southeast Asia 2020, originally scheduled to take place May 27 – 29, 2020 has been postponed to July 9 – 11, 2020 (Thursday – Saturday) at the same venue, Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), halls 101 & 102.
- The World Out of Home Organization cancelled its Toronto Congress which would have taken place June 3-5, 2020. It will next take place May 12-14, 2021.
- The Society of Information Display (SID)’s Display Week 2020 is due to be held June 7 to 12. SID’s last statement on March 12 stated that the event will take place as scheduled. We think this is highly unlikely.
- The 2020 Outdoor Media Awards due to be held in London on June 11, 2020 have been cancelled.
- #InfoComm20 which was scheduled for June 13‑19 in Las Vegas, Nevada has been cancelled. #InfoComm21 is scheduled to take place June 12-18, 2021 with exhibits June 16-18, 2021.
- The 2020 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity which was scheduled to take place Monday to Friday June 22-26, 2020 was initially re-scheduled to October 26-30, 2020 but has now been COMPLETELY cancelled for this year. The next edition of the Festival will run June 21-25, 2021.
- Integrate Expo which was scheduled to take place August 19-21, 2020 in Sydney and was originally ‘postponed’ has now been cancelled for this year completely. It will next take place in Melbourne August 24-26, 2021.
oOh!media is joining in on the fun and taking New Zealand kids on a bear hunt through neighbourhoods across their country as part of the community based ‘National Bear Hunt’ initiative, providing children with some light-hearted entertainment while they remain in isolation.
Images of at least eight different teddy bears will be running across oOh!’s Street Furniture digital product nationwide, joining the many families around New Zealand who are placing teddy bears in their windows to be spotted by other families walking or driving past
oOh!media New Zealand’s General Manager, Nick Vile told us “There is a specific teddy for sunny days, and a teddy with an umbrella for rainy ones. We also have a sleepy teddy for later at night, plus a teddy with cutlery for lunch time. As a public space medium, oOh! is passionate about doing what we can to support the community through the technical capabilities of our digital product and our ability to reach into neighbourhoods nationwide. In this instance we are using both those things to help amplify this heart-warming initiative with the ultimate aim of boosting community spirit across New Zealand”.
New Zealand’s only national pure-play digital out-of-home advertising company LUMO opened its second Pixel Awards competition for entries in February and just over two weeks ago, the Pixel’s judges came together to review the dozens of entries.
LUMO co-founder and CEO Phil Clemas says one of the things he continues to see missing from almost all outdoor advertising, is the regular use of dynamic or interactive ad content.
He told us “The Pixels were invented to inspire and educate agencies and brands about the dynamic and interactive capabilities digital out-of-home has to offer. We want to get creatives excited, to get their imaginations flowing and help them apply some of these ideas and concepts into potential campaigns.”
Judging the second round of the Pixel Awards saw both the quality of entries and understanding of the possibilities for digital out-of-home noticeably improve. The judging panel was made up of a number of New Zealand’s creative luminaries including Letizia Bozzolini, Bex Radford, Chris Schofield and Peter Vegas, with convenors James Polhill from Hello Ltd and Kent Harrison, co-founder and executive vice president from LUMO.
Peter Vegas, creative director for Draft FCB said “The ideas were wide and varied, but we did see that the thinking was generally more focused on the connection between the technology LUMO has available, the idea and the way it is translated onto large digital screens.”
In recognition of their creativity, translation and relevance to the brand’s proposition, the Pixel Award for Q1 2020 went to the creative team of Jake Blood and Josh Thompson from DDB. Their Sky Sport ‘Commuters Cup’ concept utilised LUMO’s Automatic Number Plate Recognition (ANPR) technology in a fun and interactive way. The team takes home a cash prize of $5,000, free media for their client across LUMO’s nationwide digital media network worth $30,000 and the coveted Pixel trophy.
Jake Blood said “LUMO billboards are kitted out with some impressive technology, which got us thinking about a bunch of clever ways to use it. We wanted to make something that people, travelling nearby, would find fun. We feel lucky to have a platform in New Zealand that allows us to play our ‘Life needs more sport’ concept.”
Every LUMO screen has its own ANPR camera that collects granular vehicular data in real-time, and LUMO is the only digital out-of-home operator in the world that does so across its entire network.
The Pixel Awards are a quarterly competition, with rounds three and four opening in May and August. All entries are done online via the Pixel Awards website so is ‘Covid-19 Lockdown’ proof. Each quarterly winner will receive $30,000 of free media on LUMO’s nationwide network, a $5,000 cash prize and the Pixel trophy.
This year, the quarterly winners from February, May and August will automatically qualify as finalists for the Annual Pixel Award, with the ultimate winner being announced as part of the Pixel Awards Showcase, which will be held in October. This will be an opportunity to present and celebrate the twenty entries from the year for all to see and will give ample time to prepare for their #SXSW experience the following March.
LUMO hopes what comes out of the Pixel Awards is far greater use of digital billboards, more effective advertising for clients and positive long-term benefits for all stakeholders in the digital out-of-home sector.
Popcom, who build high-IQ automated retail technology – think kiosks or ‘intelligent vending platforms’ are trying to raise more money via a crowd funding campaign.
This is the second time that they have resorted to crowdfunding to raise money. Back in April 2019 they raised USD 1.07M.
Their Founder, CEO, and Director Dawn Dickson is a serial entrepreneur with over 16 years in business development. She has received numerous awards and regularly speaks on panels and workshops around the country.
She’s been featured in countless media outlets including Forbes, Inc Magazine, VentureBeat, Huffington Post, Essence Magazine, Ebony.com, Women’s World Daily, CNBC/Yahoo, MSNBC and on the cover of Black Enterprise.
She states that “We grew our team, opened a new office and showroom, and attended two major national tradeshows, #CES2020 and #NRF2020 show and debuted our products to hundreds of potential customers”.
Mimo Monitors have launched their first-ever Outdoor display. It’s available with or without an Android player, this state-of-the-art premium display is durable, reliable, and specifically designed for optimum outdoor performance, rain or shine.
Some product features/benefits and highlights: