Event organisers such as the DPAA, OpenEye Global, Samsung, Exertis, The Ministry of New Media and others are getting lots of buzz, registrations and enquiries for New York Digital Signage Week and the individual events such as the DPAA Video Everywhere Summit are now seeing a big uptick in registrations.
A lot has to do with the New York City itself. Unlike other places in the U.S., the city has been very diligent since 2020 and is now enjoying a measured and safe re-opening. Restaurants, bars, gyms, cinemas and event venues all require proof of vaccination to enter.
Indeed, large events such as New York Fashion Week, the U.S. Open Tennis, SALT – the large hedge fund Wall Street flagship event and the return of Broadway shows have all come off without a hitch.
As an educator myself (English teacher in China for the last four and a half years) I take a lot of interest in the education sector and I note that the New York City schools system (by far the largest in the U.S.) has resumed in-person attendance.
Advertising Week will take place immediately after New York Digital Signage Week and the organisers tell us that their week also looks in good shape with a large in-person attendance. In November, the city even plans to hold its traditional Macy’s Thanksgiving Day parade!
No event these past two years would be complete without the obligatory note on #COVID19 safety. Precautions are being taken at the venue for the week’s largest event, the DPAA Video Everywhere Summit, with spaced seating, open doors/windows for airflow and hand sanitizers throughout the space.
Proof of vaccination is required to attend all events and all delegates must show proof of vaccination – vaccination card or photocopy with ID, New York State Excelsior Pass, a NYC Covid Safe App (this is meant for ‘out of towners’ as the app lets you download your vaccination card and ID).
Phew! Having said all that here’s where people can find tickets for the various events happening during New York Digital Signage Week.
The official website is always a GOOD place to start of course BUT that does not always make mention of what events are selling well, where tickets remain etc. so this post will try to address that and be constantly updated as we head into the week proper October 11-15, 2021.
If you haven’t already purchased a VIP PASS for the week, which for USD 950 gives you a nice discount and guaranteed access to the main events of New York Digital Signage Week (in order); Lunch With Samsung, DPAA Video Everywhere Summit, AdTECH: OOH – New York Conference and the DSNY Table Top Trade Show then you can purchase one here.
Here is ticket availability as of September 23, 2021.
- As usual Lunch with Samsung kicks off New York Digital Signage Week. This is always one of the most popular events of the week. Great food, fantastic location and always an interesting and relevant speakers. Tickets available here.
- The largest event of the week is the in-person full day DPAA Video Everywhere Summit on Tuesday October 12 at Pier 60 at Chelsea Piers. Tickets are available here.
- Moynihan Train Hall Tour starting at 16:00 on Wednesday October 13, 2021 with an ANC Happy Hour at a nearby roof terrace immediately after. Tickets now available here.
- OpenEYE GLOBAL’S #XUSC ‘Night Cap’ takes place 17:00 – 20:00 and this event is always SOLD OUT. There are now just a handful of tickets left. See what you can find here.
- Digital Signage New York (DSNY) a tabletop trade show similar to what Showstoppers and Pepcom style events are for the press takes place all day Thursday October 14, 2021. A number of simple tables, nothing fancy but with some exhibits (Captivate Scan for example will be exhibiting). It is open to all AV industry professionals. Registration is advised and can be found here.
- AdTECH: OOH – New York was sold out the last time the event was held in Manhattan so if automation, programmatic or AdTECH interest you then don’t delay in registering. This event runs in the morning of Thursday October 14, 2021 alongside DSNY (above). Registration is available here.
- The Plug-in to Exertis Pro AV & Tech Tour takes place on Friday October 15 between 10:00 and 14:00. Registration for that is available here.
The week will be the usual heady mix of FREE and PAID for events – conferences, showcases, cocktails, open house, breakfast debates, tours and other ad-hoc activities.
To mark the tenth anniversary of New York Digital Signage Week, the DailyDOOH Gala awards this year is being held during New York Digital Signage Week on Thursday October 14 at Hotel Edison in Times Square.