This week, week commencing Sunday 10th June 2012 must be the industry’s busiest ever week. Here’s a quick recap…
- The third Annual Shopper Marketing forum is being be held in Singapore 11 – 13 June 2012
- KIOSK EUROPE EXPO (and it’s bastard sibling Digital Signage Expo) is being held at The Station in Berlin June 12th to June 13th 2012
- #InfoComm12 in Lost Wages, 13 – 15 Jun 2012
- #dsj2012, Digital Signage Japan 2012 in Tokyo also 13 – 15 Jun 2012
- FEPE’s 53rd Annual Congress will take place in Milan, Italy on the 13 – 15th June 2012
- #IDSD Interactive Day in San Diego on Friday 15th June
Unless we’ve missed something in our industry calendar there are no fewer than six events going on around the world related or loosely related to what we all do.
However, if you have gone by default to that AV trade show in Lost Wages our take is that; if you are into DOOH you’d be better off networking at the ‘Davos of OOH’ in Milan, if you want to be inspired you’d be better off in Tokyo* at #dsj2012 and if you simply want to be stateside you’d be better off hitting a show or conference you haven’t done before to network and meet different people.
All three of those are on offer this week in the list above! This is not a snub against InfoComm which is a great trade show but it is an AV show.
We’ll be back at InfoComm next year in Orlando but this year we are happy to give Lost Wages a miss.
*We know that some folks are heading into Tokyo today after spending last week at COMPUTEX TAIPEI which took place 5th – 9th June at NANGANG Exhibition Hall at the Taipei International Convention Center (TICC).