Perhaps no surprise that our story ‘100,000 Not Out For Scala‘ has raised a fair amount of interest. Many wrote in about underpants and some more seriously asking about the other numbers we gave in the post.
In more detail then here is our take on the industry numbers of LIVE licenses…
- EnQii – 15,000, we estimate that these folks will have something like 21,000 by the end of 2009 though
- STRATACACHE have well over 1.2 million devices deployed and supported worldwide across their 3 product lines BUT it’s very hard to break down the numbers for digital signage as they don’t like to be too product specific. We would guess though that their deployed number is already MANY times the size of what Scala claim.
- BroadSign claim 20,000 though with their two main customers (Accent) and Neo Advertising having about 5,000 and between 4,000 and 6,000 respectively plus some others we think realistically that they don’t have more than 12,000 to 14,000
- C-nario have approximately 15,000 licenses. Interestingly we believe that over 30% of these players drive synchronized content on a number of screens (in terms of screens they probably drive about 50,000)
- signagelive 8,000+ though we think they will easily get to 15,000 or so by the end of 2009
- TELentice – 17,000
- WireSpring – 10,000
Remember these are our estimates.