Eva Herzigova and Lord Kitchener have both made the top three of the Outdoor Hall of Fame competition by The Outdoor Media Centre, the trade body for outdoor advertising.
The public has voted for their favourite iconic ads from the last five decades with over 10,700 votes being polled. Eva Herzigova’s Wonderbra ad attracted the most votes, followed by the Conservative party’s ‘Labour isn’t working’ and ‘Lord Kitchener wants you’ ads.
Mike Baker, CEO of the Outdoor Media Centre said, “There has been a tremendous response to this competition, with almost 100,000 page views. It’s great to see those great iconic images from the past rubbing shoulders with recent advertising work in the public’s affections.”
The Outdoor Hall of Fame was launched by the Outdoor Media Centre in association with Campaign, the magazine for the advertising industry, as an inspiration to advertising creatives.
The top ten ads in the Outdoor Hall of Fame are:
- Eva Herzigova (Wonderbra)
- 1978: Labour Isn’t Working (Conservative Party)
- 1914: Lord Kitchener Wants You (Parliamentary Recruiting Committee)
- 1901: His Masters Voice (The Gramophone Company)
- 1991: Management trainee aged 42 (The Economist)
- 1969: Pregnant Man (The Health Education Council)
- 1983: Araldite (CIBA GEIGY)
- 2003: Think Different (Apple)
- 1966: Heinz Meanz Beanz (Heinz)
- 1984: Dumb Animals (Greenpeace)
The full Outdoor Hall of Fame can be found at www.outdoorhalloffame.co.uk