The day before US Thanksgiving is usually one of the biggest days in terms of bar attendance and TouchTunes, the largest interactive music and digital screen network (which is in over 65,000 bars and restaurants across North America) has, this year, partnered with National Calendar Day to officially declare the day before Thanksgiving as #NationalJukeboxDay.
TouchTunes is leveraging its large network of locations encouraging fans to post a jukebox selfie alongside a TouchTunes jukebox to Twitter or Instagram with #NationalJukeboxDay for a chance to win free jukebox music credits for one year.
Susan Danaher, Head of Advertising, Sales and Marketing for TouchTunes Media told us “The holidays, beginning with Thanksgiving, are an ideal time to reach millennials who are back from school and in a holiday party mood. National Jukebox Day is a great way to engage with them while they are our socializing and sharing music with their friends”.
Coincidentally, the inaugural celebration of #NationalJukeboxDay this year also lands on November 23rd, the anniversary of the day the first jukebox was installed by Louis Glass in the Palais Royal Saloon bar in San Francisco in 1889. For over 125 years, people have been ‘owning the moment’ by queuing up their favorite songs and now with the TouchTunes’ mobile app, they can experience the thrill of being the DJ even more.
Vicki Saunders, Senior Vice President Marketing and Programming of TouchTunes said “We are thrilled to establish National Jukebox Day recognizing the role the jukebox has played throughout history. The jukebox has evolved to become a premier entertainment platform for social venues and a mainstay that continues to connect people through the power of music.”
Among the promotions set for National Jukebox Day are:
- Hashtag it. Share the #NationalJukeboxDay hashtag on social media.
- Find a jukebox location near you. To find nearby jukebox locations, download the TouchTunes app
- Win free jukebox credits for a year. Post a jukebox selfie to Twitter or Instagram alongside a TouchTunes jukebox, include the hashtag #NationalJukeboxDay and enter for a chance to win free jukebox music credits for a year. For details and official rules click here
- Get a free waffle at Waffle House: Become a Waffle House Regulars Club member by November 22, 2016 and get a free waffle at Waffle House on #NationalJukeboxDay. Play a song on the jukebox while you’re there. To redeem, members must bring printed coupon sent by email.
- Share your jukebox love: Follow TouchTunes on Facebook, Twitter and Instagram for the latest jukebox news and access fun social media images to share here: www.touchtunes.com/nationaljukeboxday.
- Play another song on the jukebox baby: When you are out on #NationalJukeboxDay, play your favorite songs and let friends know how much you love that jukebox!
Be the DJ. Help create the Official National Jukebox Day Playlist with your personal jukebox anthems. Post song recommendations on Facebook here.
TouchTunes is headquartered in New York City, with offices in Chicago, Montreal, Vancouver and London.