If you are jetting off to #ISE2012 this weekend (or on Monday) here are some suggestions from veterans of previous shows: –
- Comfortable Shoes. if you are walking the show as an attendee wear comfortable shoes (women especially please note), if you are exhibiting take †two pairs of shoes and change them half way through the day (seriously this makes a big difference when standing on your feet all day)
- Take more socks than days. At the end of the day when you nip back to the hotel to change or (simply drop your bag off) there’s nothing better than giving your feet a quick soak and changing into a fresh pair of socks. It’s also nice to change your socks before you get on a plane home so you will always need more socks than one pair per day.
- Noise cancelling headphones. These are invaluable, not just for bloggers or journalists and not just for the plane but when you need 10 minutes peace and quiet (to get away from it all) to write that email or indeed to write that proposal or sales order up!
- Water. Drink lots of water. It’s easy to get dehydrated in the air conditioned environment of a convention centre so drink plenty of fluids – and no, beer in the evening does NOT count as one of your fluids!
- Business Cards. Take plenty of them, it’s embarrassing to run out during a show AND please don’t write on it when someone gives you one – it’s rude and those nice, crisp business cards cost money you know!
And lastly remember this advice “never refuse a breath fresh mint”
†Suggestion (tried and tested) kindly supplied by James Bremner, EnQii Corp