Awards in the digital signage and digital out of home industry got a whole lot better back in November 2012 with The DailyDOOH Gala Awards being somewhat of an instant global hit.
For an industry that generates expenditure of billions worldwide, and in some countries, where digital out of home accounts for 15% of the total Out Of Home advertising market it deserves to be taken more seriously.
As our regular readers will know (whilst ‘the leading commentator on the industry‘ likes to have a bit of fun) we do take the industry that we love very seriously and that is why last year we put together an impartial, professional, up-market annual award ceremony that can truly do the sector justice.
The DailyDOOH Gala Awards recognises excellence and promotes best practice in the industry and this year we have listened to agencies, media owners and suppliers and added two new categories…
- Best QSR / Bar or Restaurant Deployment. The judges are looking for the best digital signage deployment in the food, drink or leisure industry – likely finalists will have made use of background music, digital menu boards, customer messaging, point of sale or a combination thereof.
- Best High Street / Supermarket / Convenience Store or Forecourt Deployment. The judges are looking for the best digital signage deployments in and around retail (which includes banking) – likely finalists will have made use of customer messaging, advertising, menu boards, queue management, point of sale, window displays or a combination thereof
- Best Digital Poster or Street Furniture Implementation The judges are looking for the best Digital Poster or Street Furniture implementation, either indoors or outdoors – likely finalists will have been deployed in shopping malls, airports, other transportation hubs or in a moving vehicle
- Best Stadium / Office Building / Corporate / Hotel, Hospitality or Leisure Install The judges are looking for the best building-based digital signage installations. This category includes stadia, building projections, corporate communication networks, as well as deployments that may have been made in entrance halls, atriums, reception areas, call centres, hotel lobbies and casinos
- Best Original Digital Billboard The judges are looking for the most original and innovative digital billboard (these do not necessarily need to be roadside). Finalists will be judged on design, content and technical capability
- Best Digital Out of Home Campaign The judges are looking for outstanding creativity using the best that digital out of home has to offer – likely finalists will demonstrate a unique, inspiring advertising campaign where brands were allowed to fully engage with customers
- (NEW) Best Interactive / Use of Social Media Deployment. The judges are looking for the most creative use of social media or other form of interaction in an vertical sector. Likely finalists will demonstrate a unique, inspiring use of technology to connect the consumer with the brand.
- (NEW) Best Overall Retail Experience. The judges are looking for the best overal retail experience created within a digital out of home framework. Likely finalists will demonstrate a comfortable yet forward looking retail environment, making the most that digital signage technology has to offer.
- Lifetime Achievement Award This award is given at the discretion of the jury to the individual who they believe has done the most to further the digital signage, digital out of home or digital place based media industry
We have seen enough award events in our time to know what we like and want we don’t like and we’ve tried to incorporate all of that into The DailyDOOH Gala Awards – bottom line, it’s a prestigious event that recognises excellence and promotes best practice in the industry while not taking itself too seriously.
The jury have been busy these past few months coming up with a list of finalists and we are nearly there. It’s likely that the finalists will be announced next week.
The DailyDOOH Gala Awards takes place in London on Thursday 28 November 2013 and there are still a couple of tables available, email Russ Curry
Russcurry@gmail.com for more information.