Many organisers can now see that they were rather hasty in quickly re-scheduling events. As you will see from the list below, many that were re-scheduled for later in the year have subsequently been cancelled completely for this year (Prolight + Sound exhibition, Passenger Terminal Expo, Cannes Lion).
Anyhow, here’s a list of shows, conferences, exhibitions and general get-together #COVID19 casualties that we know of.
They are listed in date-they-would-have-happened order, so March through to middle of August at the moment …
- Advertising Week Europe which was scheduled to take place March 16-19, 2020 has been postponed until September 14-17, 2020.
- The ANA Marketers Media Conference, scheduled for March 25-27 at the JW Marriott Miami Turnberry Resort & Spa has been cancelled.
- The Prolight + Sound exhibition, which had been scheduled to run March 31-April 3 and was then postponed until May 26-29, 2020 has now been cancelled altogether.
- #dse2020, which was due to run March 31-April 3 has been moved to September 15-18, 2020
- CinemaCon 2020 which was due to run March 30-April 2 in Las Vegas has been cancelled
- Passenger Terminal Expo which was supposed to take place in Paris, March 31-April 2, 2020 will not now take place this year. It has been re-scheduled for April 13-15, 2021 and will take place at the RAI, Amsterdam.
- ISA Sign Expo 2020 which was scheduled to take place April 1-4 in Orlando, FL has been postponed until later in the year. New dates, same location are Sunday, August 23 – Tuesday, August 25, 2020.
- Interop Tokyo 2020, CMT 2020, Digital Signage Japan 2020, Location Business Japan 2020 and APPS Japan 2020, scheduled for April 13-15, 2020 at Makuhari Messe, Japan have all been cancelled. The shows will return June 16-18, 2021.
- The NAB Show which was scheduled for April 18-22 in Las Vegas has been cancelled. The organisers initially said “NAB is evaluating a number of alternatives to the April show” but an update from them on March 20 said that the show would NOT now take place this year.
- TheStadiumBusiness Summit, which was to take place April 21 – 22, 2020 is now taking place September 28-30, 2020
- The 2020 Geopath/OAAA Convention and Expo which was to take place April 27-29, 2020 at the JW Marriott Phoenix Desert Ridge in Phoenix, Arizona has been cancelled. The organisers are exploring what can be done later this year.
- The ICAS AGM and Conference planned for May 4, 2020 in Marina del Rey, California has been cancelled.
- The AdClub of Toronto’s DIGITAL DAY 2020 which was due to take place Thursday May 7, 2020 has been cancelled.
- RetailEXPO 2020, which was scheduled to take place from April 29-30 in Olympia, London has been cancelled completely for this year and will next take place April 2021.
- PLASA Focus Leeds, which was due to take place on 12-13 May at the Royal Armouries Museum in Leeds has been cancelled for this year.
- madconNYC which was scheduled for May 12-13, 2020 at the Brooklyn Expo Center has been postponed now until December 1-2, 2020
- UCEXPO 2020 which was due to take place Wednesday May 13 – Thursday May 14 at ExCeL, London has been postponed. The organisers tell us that they are “in the process of securing new venue space for September 29 – October 1, 2020”.
- InfoComm Southeast Asia 2020, originally scheduled to take place May 27 – 29, 2020 has been postponed to July 9 – 11, 2020 (Thursday – Saturday) at the same venue, Bangkok International Trade and Exhibition Centre (BITEC), halls 101 & 102.
- The World Out of Home Organization cancelled its Toronto Congress which would have taken place June 3-5, 2020. It will next take place June 2021.
- #InfoComm20 which was scheduled for June 13‑19 in Las Vegas, Nevada has been cancelled. #InfoComm21 is scheduled to take place June 12-18, 2021 with exhibits June 16-18, 2021.
- The 2020 Cannes Lions International Festival of Creativity which was scheduled to take place Monday to Friday June 22-26, 2020 was initially re-scheduled to October 26-30, 2020 but has now been COMPLETELY cancelled for this year. The next edition of the Festival will run June 21-25, 2021.
- Integrate Expo which was scheduled to take place August 19-21, 2020 in Sydney has been postponed until later in the year.