You can spin it anyhow you like, and you damned well know that the Cult of AVIXA and the ‘trade association’ proper will, but an attendance of just 7,335 persons for #InfoComm21 which took place in Orlando, FL October 22-29, 2022 is truly appalling.
The official attendance figure is even lower than what industry experts had predicted, we wrote back in September, “experts are now predicting that #InfoComm21 is likely to attract between 7,500 and 10,000 attendees next month”.
The official press release stated that the show hosted 254 exhibitors meaning that well over 650 (regular) exhibitors stayed away.
There was no physical show in 2020 but back in 2019, InfoComm 2019 attracted 44,129 visitors. Bottom line if you were a potential exhibitor and you stayed away, you obviously made the correct decision.
* InfoComm 2010 32,000 (Las Vegas)
* InfoComm 2011 33,001 (Orlando)
* InfoComm 2012 34,286 (Las Vegas)
* InfoComm 2013 35,126 (Orlando)
* InfoComm 2014 37,048 (Las Vegas)
* InfoComm 2015 39,105 (Orlando)
* InfoComm 2016 38,833 (Las Vegas)
* InfoComm 2017 44,077 (Orlando)
* InfoComm 2018 43,000 (Las Vegas)
* InfoComm 2019 44,129 (Orlando)
* InfoComm 2020 no show (Las Vegas)
* InfoComm 2021 7,335 (Orlando)