Amscreen Signs Up More Petrol Retailers

Chris Sheldrake

Amscreen today announced that it has been appointed by MRH, the UK’s largest independent petrol retailer, as its exclusive digital signage partner.

Amscreen’s ‘close proximity signage units’ will be installed across the Epping-based company’s 300 sites as part of a five-year deal which sees the retailer become the latest company to sign up to the Amscreen Convenience Store Network.

Simon Sugar, CEO told us “We are delighted to announce this deal with MRH and to be providing them with a solution that adds value to their customer offering”

He added “We believe the Amscreen Convenience Store Network, which potentially could reach in excess of 10 million motorists a week, is the best proposition available to petrol retailers and moving into 2010 puts us in a prime position to become market leaders in this sector.”

The MRH sites, which operate under the BP, Esso, Jet, Shell, Texaco and Total fuel brands are geographically evenly spread across the whole of the country and are undoubtedly a good addition to the Amscreen network.

As with the BPTV screens the screens will carry customer information, such as live traffic updates, as well as advertising for MRH’s products and services.

The network will also feature messages from national and regional advertisers who are keen to target the two million plus motorists who pass through the sites each week.

John Lynn, Managing Director of MRH commented “We are excited to announce the roll out of the Amscreen network across our retail sites. As the number one independent petrol retailer we are always looking for different ways to communicate with our customers and believe that Amscreen’s products can help us promote the variety of services that MRH stations provide.

About MRH

Ranking 26 in the Top Track 100 Companies (Top Track 100 ranks Britain’s biggest private companies, based on sales in latest accounts) this Essex company, formed in 2007 to acquire the petrol companies Malthurst and Pace Petroleum, operates more than 300 petrol stations and supplies 135 independent fuel retailers. MRH is responsible for almost 4% of the motor fuel sold in Britain. The company also sells direct to farmers, large commercial users and households with oil-fired boilers across Southern England, the Midlands and East Anglia. Barclays Private Equity bought a 38% stake in the group in March 2008 for an undisclosed sum, and a new management team joined chief executive Graham Peacock and finance director Susan Tobbell. Sales grew to £1,432m in 2008 with profits of £34m. Management owns the other 62% of the company.

MRH (GB) Ltd is by some distance the biggest independent fuel retailer in the UK. Hence its number one ranking in Forecourt Traders latest Top 50 Indies listing – the group is also a significant Convenience Grocery player ranking around 7 in ‘The Grocers’ Top 50 Indies survey. It currently has 300 sites, with a fuel volume totaling 1.1billion litres a year, trading under BP , Esso, Texaco , Jet , Total & Shell branding . In addition it operates 55 Spar stores on these forecourts.

It also has a fuel distribution operation serving 135 Pace dealers as well as a commercial fuel business selling 600 million litres of fuel per annum to households, farms, light industry, national accounts and marine vessels on the Thames.

Leave a Reply