Sponsored by BestBuy for Business, last night’s Toronto Digital Signage Mixer brought out a full house of 60+ attendees. Adding to the the usual suspects (some with new business cards, myself included) many new faces made it out for the revival of the popular event.
Attendees represented all areas of a digital signage food chain, save the end-users, which are typically rare at these events.
A short sampling of companies in attendance included Panasonic, LG, HP, ViewSonic, Omnivex, Scala, Rise Vision, ENS, Four Winds Interactive, PlanetTEK, Cineplex Digital Media, Monster Media, Impact Digital Media, Stamount Systems, GridCast Media, TetrAD Digital, Abaan & Associates, Dorsey Digital Media, People Count, Agency59 and others.
Among the casual networking chatter it was interesting to learn that:
- Starmount Systems and Four Winds Interactive now have a physical presence in Toronto;
- Monster Media Canada is working on a few grandiose 3D projects in Toronto;
- W & S Projects is offering an alternative to the popular AudienceTAG wearable media player, now powered by Scala Quickstart;
- Cineplex Digital Media has it hands full and is enjoying the integration into the ad machine that is Cineplex;
- The host BestBuy Commercial is rapidly growing, adding new sales and support staff to their team.
Expect detailed stories on these and more coming shortly!