“In today’s fast-paced global marketplace, business travelers need immediate and relevant information combined with on-the-go functionality,” says Rob Greyber, president, Egencia. “Today’s announcement is just one step in our ongoing investment and innovation in the mobile space. We will also release shopping and booking capabilities supported by strong policy management later this year.”
The first mobile application release will be available on iPhone and mobile web enabled devices in Q2 of 2011. The first release will include:
- Smart Itinerary: the application follows the traveler throughout the trip, providing information that is relevant to the current stage of the traveler’s journey;
- Flight schedules and online check-in;
- Interactive maps for all trip segments, including specific directions to hotels, and one-touch access to Google Maps search for local businesses;
- Security features including, location relevant flight/transportation alerts and other traveler alerts;
- Click-to-call Egencia customer service: easy access to get a travel agent on the phone;
- Weather forecasts relevant to the traveler’s locale;
- Full support for eight languages: US and UK English, French, French-Canadian, German, Italian, Spanish, Dutch.
“An effective mobile tool puts more power in hands of the traveler,” says Mark Hollyhead, senior vice-president, Egencia Americas. “We had this in mind as we developed our mobile strategy. We wanted to ensure that travelers could easily view their itineraries, get information, shop for air, hotel and car options on demand, and most importantly, do this on the road from any location and circumstance.”
The company will be releasing a wide range of mobile capabilities later this year, which will include additional shopping and booking capabilities and additional native device support.
Additionally, Egencia, in partnership with Business Travel Media Group, also released a mobile safety and security strategies report to ensure travel executives and travelers maximize the use of their mobile devices to increase their emergency preparedness.
Egencia is the fifth largest travel management company in the world. As part of Expedia Inc., the world’s largest travel marketplace, Egencia helps businesses get ahead by offering a fully integrated corporate travel service.