Celebrating the very best in digital-out-of-home campaign content and the digital advertising networks that support it, The Screen will host the first LoveContent Annual Awards and exhibit the LoveContent Gallery at #ScreenmediaExpo 2011 (Earls Court on May 18th & 19th 2011).
The awards, sponsored by specialist WPP agency SpaFax, will be held on the evening of 18th May.
The digital signage industry may well be built on technology, but it is 100% dependent on great content to succeed. The LoveContent Gallery showcases, promotes and celebrates this growing global body of work both online and through a physical traveling exhibit – its latest outing was at ISE 2011 in Amsterdam back in February.
The LoveContent exhibit will use the latest in large format displays from PSCo and digital media players from Digital View to exhibit over 100 pieces of innovative and engaging DOOH campaign content on the main show floor.
The submissions will be judged assessing key aspects of the creative, operational and technical achievement split over the 8 different award categories. The Awards have been created to not only celebrate the best in content – but also to celebrate the creative canvases that are the digital out-of-home formats themselves.
The categories are:
- Best Digital Out-Of-Home Campaign: The award for simply the best campaign of the year. The most interesting, ambitious or just plain effective. Voted for by three of the main outdoor operators, CBS, Clear Channel, JCDecaux.
- Digital Out-of-Home Innovation Award: The award for the most interesting new technical or creative development underpinning a campaign.
- Best Use Of A Digital Medium: The award for most symbiotic interplay between creative & technology.
- Interactivity Award: The award for the most exciting & effective use of interactivity in a digital out of home environment.
- Non-Advertising Content Award: The award for the best unique content produced for a digital medium that is not intended for advertising purposes.
- Digital Format Award: The award for the best digital out-of-home format, the one that delivers the most interesting creative canvas.
- Best New Digital Site: The award for the best and most exciting new digital site in the UK
- Industry Award: The award for the company that has done the most to advance the DOOH industry in the last 12 months.
There is no cost to enter – and any single organisation can submit up to three recent pieces of work. The deadline for entries is 30th April 2011.
Submitting campaign entries to www.lovecontent.org and follow the upload instructions.