The 4th NEC Solutions Showcase takes place a week today, Wednesday 25th of April at The O2 in London and The Screen, in association with NEC, will once again hold a series of special Briefings where expert speakers will explore the issues, challenges and opportunities facing companies working in the digital signage and digital out-of-home industries.
In a special morning session they will look at the O2 itself to understand the challenges and opportunities of working with displays in such a vast and varied space. In the afternoon they will be hosting a special session to dig a little deeper into the use of techniques such as Augmented Reality, 3D and Mobile Phone interaction within digital signage applications.
As always, attendees will have the opportunity to look at the venue, attend the briefings and network with users and colleagues: all whilst enjoying full access to the wide range of NEC Showcase partner exhibits.
Briefing 1: The O2 : A Digital Journey
This takes place between 11 and 12.30pm. The Speakers include: –
- Simon Jackson; Vice President, Northern Europe, NEC Display Systems. Simon will talk about the digital revolution that is changing the cinema going experience; from projection to 3D and 4K to digital signage
- Lesley Saville; Executive Director AEG Global Partnerships. Lesley will provide an overview on how O2 works with partners, like NEC, to deliver its unique brand of mixed venue entertainment
- Lisa McHugh; Director of Customer Communications & Loyalty, Sky. Lisa will talk about the customer communications opportunities driving Sky’s sponsorship of the Cineworld Superscreen
- Simon Rees, Managing Direct of DCM. Simon will discuss DCM’s approach to digital and cinema advertising in the O2 and across its UK cinema estate
Briefing 2: Digital Engagement; The Techniques
This takes place between 2pm and 3.30pm and in a series of shorter sessions, The Screen will roll its sleeves up and take a practical look at how specific digital signage creative techniques are actually delivered and utilised to add value to base signage applications.
- Dirk Huelsermann, Manager of DOOH Solutions at NEC Vukunet, Dirk will open the session, providing an overview of VUKUNET and introducing the expert creative panel.
- Neil Morris – CEO Grand Visual. In this special session Neil will look at some campaigns and discuss how they were created and assess their impact
- Mark Reynard – Commercial Director 3D-Hub and White Space Productions Ltd. The World According To 3D. In this session Mark will investigate the science behind working in the third dimension
- Rob Thurner – Mobile Consultant & Trainer. Mobile Interaction. In this session Rob will look in detail at the mobile phone techniques available to digital display operators and integrators