The International Sign Association has formed what it calls a Dynamic Digital Advisory Panel to guide the association as its members learn and expand their businesses into rapidly growing digital signage technologies.
“It is clear that dynamic digital signage presents a tremendous opportunity for static sign companies to take many of the skills that they already have and transfer them to a new medium,” says Lori Anderson, ISA president and CEO. “The Advisory Panel will provide insights to help ISA lead the traditional sign market into this new field and to fill any knowledge gaps that may exist. Bringing together sign experts and digital network operators and integrators will help both sides see the business and partnership opportunities that exist as we work together.”
ISA has been active in exploring opportunities for static sign companies in dynamic digital signage for several years. At ISA International Sign Expo 2013, ISA offered its first dynamic digital signage park – which we referred to in our various articles at 2013SignExpo as the ‘digital zone’ – Ed and related presentation area. Sign Expo also included a well-attended track of educational sessions on various aspects of dynamic digital signage. The educational sessions are currently available via ISA’s online learning system. The ISA website also includes several case studies of static sign companies that have made in-roads into dynamic digital signage.
The Industry Advisory Panel includes:
- Alan Brawn, Brawn Consulting; past chair of the Digital Signage Federation;
- Jennifer Bolt, chief digital officer of Billups WorldWide;
- Steve Hargis, director, film and video, Bass Pro Shops;
- David Keene, editor of the Systems Group, NewBay Media, publisher of Digital Signage Magazine;
- Kim Sarubbi, president, CareMEDIA Holdings and Saddle Ranch Digital;
- Mike White, president and CEO of Multi-Media Solutions Inc.
- George Yunis, senior vice-president of marketing and consumere strategies, Allure Global Solutions.
The panel will advise an existing ISA task force and board of directors on new programs and initiatives that can help member companies expand into digital signage.