All of the free digital signage software folks seem to have been a bit quiet recently BUT news just in from Digital Recall Pty Ltd – the original / first digital signage vendor in the FREE space of a major upgrade.
Version 4.0 is described as a “quantum leap forward” (in physics, quantum is the smallest discrete quantity of some physical property that a system can possess so it always strikes us how daft a cliche this is).
New free features include : –
- This automatic resolution-resizing to the size of your monitor is now automatic
- Scheduling can be done by day of the week and in 5-minute increments
- Automated version-upgrade process
- Greatly improved Loop and Schedule management
- Greatly reduced CPU usage
- Total new look of the interfaces
But of course in the new ‘freemium’ world everything actually has a price and there are now a number of additional paid options: –
- Screen Zones – ability to have up to 8 zones on each monitor
- Live digital TV (DVB-T format)
- Play DVD
- Play PowerPoint, Word and Excel files
- Span image across multiple monitors
We’ve already been playing extensively with C-nario and WireSpring (and to some degree signagelive) and we might just add Digital Recall to our long term tests.