#ScreenMediaExpo – Blogger Lounge
Adrian J Cotterill, Editor-in-Chief
We booked our stand for Screen media expo Europe back in September 2009, it’s 30 square metres, so it will be larger than last year’s 15 square metres, which again we will turn into The DailyDOOH Blogger Lounge – complete with chocolate (that seemed to be unsurprisingly popular last year – though as the event has moved from Easter maybe no Easter Bunnies hidden on the stand), newspapers, comfortable sofas, chairs, coffee tables and drinks.
This year again we will be inviting all bloggers to join us so the stand will be full again – full of our crew, our contributors and lots of others (gabbling as they will be in obtuse tongues).
There was some great exhibitor feedback from the 2009 event which its worth repeating below…
- Being the title sponsor of Screenmedia Expo Europe for two years gave us great exposure not only during the show itself but also during the months preceding the show, and even after the event. Our participation in the show’s promotional campaign created buzz around BroadSign’s brand and products. We hope to repeat the success of the previous two years in 2010.
Brian Dusho, President and Chief Strategy Officer, BroadSign International
- Screenmedia Expo was a fantastic opportunity for Litelogic to make its comeback. We met an array of people both specialising in software and hardware and the feedback from both was excellent. The response to the event was overwhelming and the facilities and support was second to none.
Heather Pirret, Litelogic
- Screenmedia Expo Europe proved to be a highlight event in the Sony Professional calendar. Bringing together industry leaders, system integrators and end customers. This is a key platform for the Digital Signage industry to meet and discuss new opportunities and developments in business and technology.
Chris Gordon, Communications Manager, Professional Solutions Europe, Marketing Communications
- Screenmedia Expo 2009 proved to be a much worthwhile investment for Scala. Our stand was busy 100% of the time and we collected many high-value leads. We look forward to exhibiting at Screenmedia Expo 2010.
Oscar L. Elizaga, Scala Broadcast Multimedia, Vice President, EMEA
- Our experience this year was very positive and we want to congratulate all your team for the excellent organization of the fair. We are sure to participate again next year!
Xavier Capellades, CEO, Wututu
The aim is we understand to top 5,000 visitors in 2010.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org for a floor plan and list of opportunities or call him on UK +44-(0)7970579288″
March 6th, 2010 at 12:23 @558
5,000 visitors???? and the american show is hot stuff and managed 3.5 k visitors??? Its funny that this blog, which is good in general, but partially sighted and biased on some fronts – is it a coincidence Cotterill has a football refereeing background ;).
For example, you have had articles in the past that suggest (along with Mr. Haynes) that their exists a poor practice in the execution of PR skills in the industry eg companys using terms like “leaders in digital signage” etc etc and banging these to death.
But surely this suggestion of 5k visitors is also excessive hyperbole. WOW 5 K visitors, we must exhibit or attend!!! It is just not realistic as the figures for the american show demonstrate, and second of all, more important would be the type and quality of visitors.
It would be great to know how audited the visitor numbers were in 2009, because I dont remember having to queue for very long.
March 6th, 2010 at 16:00 @708
Hi Luis – nice post and a wink and nod right back at ya!
As the organiser of expo it is indeed my job to report on what takes place and make informed comments regarding expectations and projections and managing those is key for all.
2009 expo had audited figures of over 3,000 visitors – can put you in touch with our regsitration company if you like? And are you suggesting that screen media expo is not “hot” like DSE? Surely not – expo is the EMEA show and our ever expanding marketng campaigns, double the number of media partners from 09 and a huge push into marketing to much larger target audience from the myriad of end user vertical markets will, I project, achieve the audience numbers we expect.
The growth in the UK market and the geographical ease of access from “Europe” – being much easier and cheaper than 5 hours flights to Vegas – also facilitate higher visitor numbers than the excellent DSE show.
We had just over 50% of visitros from non UK in 2009 and expect UK visitors to increase considerably but overseas to increase even more and become over 60% of total audience. This should reflect the huge investment we have made in EMEA databases and marketing in tandem with all the new media partners and other marketing.
So, we look forward to seeing you in May – come and tap my shoulder for a coffee – or – even better, count them for me.
March 7th, 2010 at 12:21 @556
Having exhibited at EVERY show put on by Mark Pigou and his team since the very early CAN networking break out areas held in London hotels, I can vouch for the importance of Screen Media Expo to the EMEA Digital Signage sector and the increasing attendance by non-UK based integrators and end users.
We are looking forward to this years show and with the DS sector growing year on year and the cautious optimism in the business world after a tough 2009, I would like to feel the headline 5,000 visitors is achievable.
Somewhere between the 3,500 of last year and projected 5,000 would be enough for me to rebook for 2011.