As Design Director at Show+Tell, Lisa Kwon directs a team of 2D/3D designers and developers from concept through final execution while interfacing with clients to translate project needs into high-end motion graphic solutions.
- Describe your personal work space.
Flanked by a wall of windows, random inspirational clippings including a ‘its maiz birfday’ printout of a bikini clad hairy man (made by a co-worker), and an innocent collage from my niece, I sit surrounded by the necessary double HD monitor, wacom tablet, massage ball and porcelain sheep bank (for bets gone my way),
- How do you get to work?
Sheer will power.
- What is an average day like?
After checking my morning message from Barack and Michelle and syncing up with my team regarding current projects and new business, I either ‘color by number’ some ideas for advertising, broadcast and DOOH clients or execute them with my gifted animator. I also save frequently and glean new ideas from the Web.
- What is essential to you being able to work happily?
Ability to DJ Major Tom and other musical etudes for the company’s betterment.
- How flexible are your working conditions?
If gumby was reincarnated as a gifted designer/animator, he would be laying out his monogrammed towels.
- What do you think your employer looks for in its staff?
For you to strut what your mama gave you.
- What suggestions do you have for your company?
To cut the fat, stay the course and enforce spontaneous disco.
- Do you have any frustrations you would like to share with us?
That we don’t have Snuggie Fridays.
- What do you like best about your job?
That I can strut what my mama gave me.
- How open is your company to new ideas and suggestions?
Like a heat-seeking missile.
- How much responsibility have you been given?
Beyond lead design, team management, conference speaker and overall creative critic, I sometimes get to lock up at the end of the day.
- How green are you and your company?
If I could put my compost somewhere convenient in the building I would, and so would my company.