Nintendo are using over 500 digital signage branded fixtures to promote their recently launched Wii Fit product. Here we see them working with Comtech M2M and retail specialist Henley and Henley to (quite rightly) promote a “Greener Solution to In- Store Promotion”
Comtech M2M have quietly been doing some great things with branded fixtures and street furniture in the UK and we have written about them on numerous occasions – however the photograph supplied to us has to be one of the ‘cheesiest’ photos we have ever received and hope that no-one else decides to use it!!!
The digital units have been rolled out in ASDA, Game, Gamestation, HMV, WHSmith, Woolworths, Zavvi and Independent retail outlets across the UK and Ireland basically replacing the original, poster based units previously used to promote the Wii console.
The systems are nothing particularly clever, comprising an LCD screen displaying sequences of high-resolution images to give consumers a “visual taster” of the game, wireless connectivity via GPRS as well as an LED countdown timer and ticker incorporating scrolling product messages – we are not sure we like that last bit at all – bit weird but overall a neat and very useful implementation.
Sean Keenan, Managing Director of Comtech M2M (pictured above) said “With over 50% of the £1.1 billion spent on the UK’s point of sale being wasted, retailers are facing increased demands from consumers to deliver environmentally friendly in-store promotions. The system we offer has been such a success with Henley & Henley on the Nintendo campaigns because it not only offers state of the art digital signage communications but the system also carries some ‘green benefits’ saving on the production, delivery and waste of traditional paper based material for each new campaign”
* Comtech M2M is a global leader in machine to machine technology
* With 40 employees, the Bolton-based company has grown to become one of the world’s leading experts in machine to machine technology and has introduced systems to major brands including Camelot/National Lottery, London’s Evening Standard, Newsquest and Nintendo..
Henley & Henley
* Henley & Henley are retail consultants based in Bristol
* An independent team managing retail solutions, marketing, advertising, POP, sponsorship and exhibitions
* Also preparing POP audits and Client satisfaction surveys
* For further information contact Stephen Henley on +44 (0) 1275 462866