The Mobile Marketing Association’s Global Board of Directors is charged with establishing the overall direction of the mobile industry and the governance of the organization, while the four Regional Board of Directors in APAC, EMEA, LATAM and NA are tasked with identifying and advocating for the issues and needs of each particular region.
The MMA North America’s newly elected board members include:
- Michael Bayle, senior vice-president and general manager, mobile, ESPN;
- Brian Bos, senior vice-president, group director, emerging technology, Mindshare – Team Detroit;
- Lynn Brindell, senior vice-president of marketing, CNN Worldwide;
- Jay Emmet, general manager, OpenMarket – Amdocs;
- Geoffrey Handley, co-founder and new business and strategy director, The Hyperfactory;
- Timothy Kopp, chief marketing officer, ExactTarget;
- Brendon Kraham, global mobile sales and product strategy, Google;
- Kelly Lindberg, director, digital experience, Target;
- Anne Schelle, CEO and partner/acting executive director, Acta Wireless/Open Mobile Video Coalition.
Of the new MMA North America Board, Mario Ribera, director of Xbox LIVE, Hispanic U.S. and Latin America at Microsoft and North America Board Chairman Emeritus, says, ”This board, comprised of leaders from across the industry, will play a critical role in helping to shape and accelerate mobile marketing in North America. look forward to working closely with our new board to lead our industry forward, create critical industry standards, and help marketers engage more directly with consumers via mobile.”
The newly elected board members join a number of continuing board members, whose terms were not up for re-election. They include:
- Stephanie Bauer Marshall, director, new market development, Verizon Wireless;
- Lisa Ciangiulli, director of marketing, mobile commerce Solutions, Alcatel-Lucent;
- Nico Du Plessis, senior director, mobile and tablets, The Weather Channel;
- Anne Frisbie, head of North America, InMobi;
Laura Kearns, director, ads, Microsoft;
- Mack McKelvey, senior vice-president, marketing, Millennial Media;
- Tony Nethercutt, general manager, North America, Mojiva;
- John O’Rourke, chief marketing officer, Motricity;
- Jack Philbin, CEO and president, Vibes Media;
- Tara Scarlett, senior manager, CRM and mobile marketing/lead mobile center of excellence, The Coca-Cola Company;
- Krishna Subramanian, chief marketing officer, Velti;
- Andy Vogel, senior vice-president, digital/mobile, The Tribune Company;
- Mario Ribera, director of Xbox LIVE, Hispanic U.S. and Latin America, Microsoft, Chairman Emeritus.
“I’m honored that these respected executives are making a two year commitment to lead industry growth through the MMA,” said Michael Becker, North American managing director of the MMA. “I look forward to working with this new team to capitalize on the growing momentum to build the mobile industry into a robust marketing platform that is embraced by marketers and advertisers.”
The MMA is the premier global non-profit trade association established to lead the growth of mobile marketing and its associated technologies. MMA includes more than 700 member companies, representing nearly 50 countries across the mobile marketing industry including hardware providers, marketers, software developers and more.