This week’s International Scala Conference, which is being held September 14-15, 2011, in Noordwijkerhout (near Amsterdam) in the Netherlands will see a wealth of top industry speakers, presentations on 17 top digital signage installations, and a 1000 sq. ft. Digital Signage Arena.
- An opening address by Gerard Bucas, CEO of Scala, who will review the latest developments at Scala News and put future market developments and trends into context
- A special keynote by Adrian Cotterill of DailyDOOH, sharing his incomparable experience of the digital signage industry;
- Florian Rotberg of OVAB/Invidis presenting the latest business developments and giving an up to date digital signage market overview;
- Gwen Coble, Retail Solutions Marketing Manager at HP, keynotes on HP’s perspective on the future of digital signage and on HP’s product portfolio including insight into product updates<;/li>
- José Avalos, Director of Retail and Digital Signage for Intel, will speak about ‘Intel’s involvement in Digital signage and Embedded Retailing’;
- Presentation by James Fine, President, and Stéphane Bastien, Technical Director, Telecine Multimedia.
I’ve seen first hand that one of the most popular features of the Scala ISC events is the project presentations and this time around partners will be showcasing 17 of the most significant digital signage installations of the last year.
This year, those presentations include:
- Burger King UK – a recipe for success that delivered 63% sales uplift;
- Boux Avenue – IAdea photo frames and HD Players showcase high end lingerie;
- Europe’s newest shopping mall – multiple video walls including 17×3, 5×5, 4×3 and more…;
- holyfields – interactive ordering system l for a new quick service restaurant concept;
- New Delhi International Airport Terminal 3 – interactive digital network;
- Hotel Atlantis The Palm Jumeirah – digital signage solution for flagship hotel;
- Campus News – a new digital signage project for high schools and universities in Poland.
HP will have a major presence as the lead sponsor of the 2011 International Scala Conference, with HP digital signage and performance displays being used throughout the event.
Gwen Coble, Retail Solutions Marketing Manager at HP, will be presenting during the International Scala Conference Program, providing HP’s strategic view on the future of the digital signage market and outlining how connected technologies are shaping the digital customer experience and enabling deeper customer engagements. She will also be offering a full overview of HP’s product portfolio and an exclusive insight into a number of significant product updates.
Gwen Coble told us, “It’s incredibly important for HP to work closely with a partner such as Scala in the digital signage market. We’re committed to nurturing and growing strong partnerships to ensure that retailers can rely on us for a high quality customer experience, creating efficient and compelling ways to engage shoppers throughout their entire shopping experience – from home, on the go and in the store.”
Scala’s VP of Research & Development Peter Cherna will present highlights of the latest developments incorporated in Scala 5 Release 6 and offer visitors a preview of ‘What is yet to come…‘. During the event, visitors are offered a full opportunity to evaluate for themselves the many new features of this significant release.
The Digital Signage Arena is a further key feature of ISC, offering the opportunity to view the latest product developments of leading companies in the digital signage arena. Featured companies include HP, Intel, NEC, Adder, AOpen, Christie, Datapath, DOBIT, Canvys, IAdea, iBASE, Mdina Media, mediaVue, Nexcom, Panphonics, Peerless and StreamAlot.