Truth be told, there are probably very few reasons why the Outdoor industry would take the time this week to go visit #ISE2013 in Amsterdam but (still) we’ve taken a quick look through the list of exhibitors to come up with our own itinerary for the intrepid OOH / DOOH person who is making an appearance.
In no particular order then…
- ADWINDOW, a manufacturer of bright high-tech film-screens for video projection developed for both interior and exterior use, in full daylight or at night is well worth a visit. They are in Hall 3 on Stand C82
- BroadSign’s Daniel Parisien told us “Since it is an integrator show, we are supporting our integrator customers and some ecosystem partners”. Attendees will see a BroadSign presence at AOpen’s #AOpenForum event (the day before ISE proper) as well as in the AOpen booth Hall 10 Stand R136 and also in association with BroadSign long-time customer DOOH Solutions and Services B.V in Hall 8 stand F206. Daniel did add “ISE has become the largest showcase of digital signage technology in Europe and we would be remiss in our duties if we did not attend in strong force. Brian Dusho and myself will be attending and supporting our Sales Director, EMEA, Maarten Dollevoet”
- Cheap Chinese LED. It it rocks your boat there is plenty of it about. If you plan on visiting take some sunglasses
- Daktronics are also providing a lot of the RAI signage, including the 10mm double-sided display outside and a 6mm display by the entrance to Hall 8 and their booth will also be worth a visit, see details here. They are in Hall 8 Stand E170
- HYUNDAI IT Europe GmbH have some interesting LED Sign Displays and Outdoor Displays. They are in Hall 10 on stand P122
- On NEC Display Solution’s booth, Hall 4 Stand R24 go see a live demonstration of VUKUNET. We’ve seen this before “NEC will present a live demo that shows the process of planning and flighting a campaign, then within minutes playing the ad and delivering proof-of-performance real-time” back in October 2012 at the DPAA Digital Media Summit
For example, Ayuda Media Systems’s Andreas Souptonuts told us “I have walked the floor twice in the past and felt lost. Since Ayuda focuses on mastering the business workflow of ad network clients; CRM, scheduling, player, invoicing, financials, incorporating measurement, pop etc., I prefer to get involved in shows that specialize in ad-centric themes, such as the TAB, OAAA and DPAA”,
We’d say that there is now a definite need for:-
- a properly organised ‘Hosted Buyer Programme‘ for the Outdoor community
- a better conference programme that meets the need of OOH / DOOH people
Without that you will never get more than a handful of outdoor folks making their way to Amsterdam in a chilly January and you won’t get any other Outdoor industry solution providers spending money to exhibit.