Despite a surge of competitors, Apple remains the brand of choice for wealthy investors when buying smart phones and tablets, according to new research by Spectrem Group, a strategic consulting and market research firm specializing in the affluent and retirement markets.
Overall, wealthy investors are increasingly using mobile technology and social media, including Facebook, LinkedIn and YouTube, says George Walper, Jr., president of Spectrem Group.
Among points in the research study – in terms of smart phones:
- 46% of Mass Affluent investors, with at least $100,000 in net worth, not including their primary residence, own Apple phones compared to 34% of Android phones;
- 48% of Millionaire investors, with at least $1 million in net worth, own Apple smart phones compared to 33% with Android phones;
- 59% of Ultra High Net Worth investors have Apple phones versus 25% who have Android phones.
In terms of tablets:
- 53% of Mass Affluent investors own Apple iPads compared to 16% with Kindle Fire tablets;
- 61% of Millionaire investors use Apple iPads versus 15% who use Kindle Fire;
- 57% of UHNW investors have Apple tablets compared to 7% with Kindle Fire and 7% with Nook with Internet.