DailyDOOH, On Turning Seven Years Old
Adrian J Cotterill, Editor-in-Chief
If you have (or have had) little ones you will know just as we do, how time flies, one minute they are a babe in arms, the next a wannabee teenager. So it is with our very own little baby. DailyDOOH which turned seven today!
Two years ago we took the opportunity of our (then) fifth birthday to look back, see ‘The Best Of The Past Five Years‘ and last year we did something slightly different and looked forward to the next 12 months (with special attention on the brand that we have built up during that time).
Those (future) highlights actually look pretty much the same now as regular readers will know that we do like our REGULARITY 😉
Here they are: –
- The DailyDOOH Gala Awards. The industry needed an impartial, up-market awards ceremony that did the sector true justice. Now in its THIRD year, we are expecting 200+ people again – who will sit down, eat a lavish meal, drink fine wines, award ‘Reggies’ to deserving people, projects, vendors and deployments. Oh and of course being English, it’s Black Tie. This year (to avoid clashing with US Thanksgiving) the event takes place on Thursday December 4, 2014.
- The DailyDOOH Investor Conference. A key part of New York Digital Signage Week in October each year. This event is ‘the’ networking event for senior executives in the industry. Once again we will be in our super plush location on the 24th Floor of the McGraw Hill Building at 1221 Avenue of the Americas no less. The event takes place Wednesday October 22, 2014 and registration will be open shortly.
- The DailyDOOH Media Summit. What more can we say? .. it has been described by many of the 155 who attended as the best industry conference they have ever been to. If you missed it, you can see what it was like on the Ministry of New Media YouTube site here. We’ve already booked BAFTA again for next year and the event will take place Tuesday May 19, 2015.
- Thought Leadership Summits. We couldn’t wait for others in Europe to get the process of putting on a great one day conference correct, so we did it ourselves. Our first Thought Leadership Summit (TLS) in 2013: Video Walls Unplugged was a resounding success, almost 100 people turned up in London to listen to carefully selected speakers do quick fire (very TedX-style) presentations. Our TLS series of events continued with Billboards Unplugged (kindly sponsored by Barco) later that same year as part of New York Digital Signage Week. We then ran another Video Walls Unplugged whole day event stateside as part of #dse2014 and are managing not one, not two but THREE Employee Communications events (the first as part of London Digital Signage Week in May happened earlier this year with 166 registrations, the other two will be in London October 8, 2014 and then October 23, 2014 as part of New York Digital Signage Week.
- Books, books and more books. Our book publishing business seems to have taken on a life of its own. On the technical side, our BlueBooks have proven very popular with screen manufacturers and solutions providers alike and we have a couple of new ones currently in the works. We distributed almost 10,000 copies of DOOH Insights Volume 1 between October 2012 and May 2013 and DOOH Insights Volume 2: The Best of 2013 saw a similar distribution pattern. DOOH Insights Volume 3 is going to be our best yet – it is very, very people centric and people focussed whilst also including all the regular features such as The DailyDOOH Best of 2014, the year’s CEO Spotlights and The DailyDOOH Gala Awards 2013 Winners (and Finalists). It will be out in October at all the best events.
- #DSTop10, #DSTop25, The Software Holocron. Back in 2008 we were the first to document who we thought were the best digital signage vendors in the industry. Whilst that, unsurprisingly, caused some controversy, we felt it was a much needed start to weed out the scores of vendors who have little to offer. We take this list very seriously and every year travel widely to meet vendors, look at their technology and understand what they have to offer. The next #DSTop10 list will be slightly different from previous years but will still be announced in October 2014. The #DSTop25 which lists vendors that we have or would work with on or various projects also exists to complement the top ten and of course the Software Holocron, in so much as it is humanly possible, documents the vast majority of the vendors and products, past and present, in the market place.
July 26th, 2013 at 14:16 @636
Happy Birthday DailyDOOH!
Here’s to the next 6 years!
July 26th, 2014 at 12:06 @546
Excellent run Adrian and team. Congratulations and keep up the effort on educating us screen junkies